Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

shifter question

bluuge

Reaction score
been having some issues with my shifter. having a hard time getting it into 1st. when going from neutral to 1st, i have to put a little more effort in moving it over to the left and then up. when doing so i feel kind of a "click"

i think ive isolated it to be the blue and black bushings inside the shifter arm. they came out with the shifter when i initially took the arm out, and i dont recall which way is correct.

does it go like this,

vmq6hd.jpg

or like this....

m7fgh3.jpg

thanks xru

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like you have your answer now but yup first pic:top:

bluuge

Reaction score
thanks guys. im not sure whats going on, but when i have it like first pic is when i have my problem. i flipped the blue bushing around and now my problem is gone. what is the downfall of running it like this if any?

Coupe

Reaction score
My guess is your washer setup is a little worn and may not be as thick as new. If our bottom washer was a little thicker, your problem may go away.

bluuge

Reaction score
cool. may have to try to track down the p/n for those two and get them ordered.

thanks so much james for all your help. you've been more than helpful / patient with me.

Coupe

Reaction score
No problem. If you have a hard time finding the washers, let me know. I may have some.

AbunaiXR

Reaction score
It is definitely an issue of that rubber wearing down. before i replaced mines, i could not get it in reverse. the only way i could do so was if i lifted the whole arm up when engaging it. bought a new one from the dealership for $16 (rip off) and compared the old and new. I noticed my old one was missing the whole bottom portion of that piece. These things will keep wearing down, no way around it.

bluuge

Reaction score
It is definitely an issue of that rubber wearing down. before i replaced mines, i could not get it in reverse. the only way i could do so was if i lifted the whole arm up when engaging it. bought a new one from the dealership for $16 (rip off) and compared the old and new. I noticed my old one was missing the whole bottom portion of that piece. These things will keep wearing down, no way around it.

Would you happen to have the part number? :top:

Top Bottom