Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

shoppin for tires; need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
So,

I am looking to get some new rubber for my stockers (goin to have them powder coated). Lookin for the best price. Help me out XRU!!

blastap

Reaction score
I am going to try out the falken 452's. i have read alot of good reviews, they are fairly cheap for a performance tire

KETCHUP

Reaction score
FYI: I am trying to stay under 150 per tire. If that helps me help yall help me..... :biggrin:

shaX 07

Reaction score
that kinda limits your choices Keith

Agreed, good rubber costs money bro so fork it over and pick up some KDW's or Yokohama S-Drives. Don't cheap out, tires are the most important thing on the truck, it's the only thing that touches the road!!

blastap

Reaction score
the way i see it, if it cost an extra 100 bux to keep me on the clovers then pay up sucka!!

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I vote for the kdw's but if your going on the budget side check out the general exclaim UHP. tires. General is made by conti and these are some alright tires I put them on a previous vehicle as summers and had no complaints

Grumpy

Reaction score
Up your budget to $150-$200 per and your tire choice broaden dramatically. I take it you wanna stay with stock size.

Agreed, good rubber costs money bro so fork it over and pick up some KDW's or Yokohama S-Drives. Don't cheap out, tires are the most important thing on the truck, it's the only thing that touches the road!!

Agreed, don't skimp on tires.

the way i see it, if it cost an extra 100 bux to keep me on the clovers then pay up sucka!!

...or plowing into another vehicle, tree, poles, or curb due to lost of traction under hard braking.

Reaction score
i got the best deal for ya ketchup. 255/45/18 cooper zeons! read up on them and see what you think. 163.99 a tire at PEPBOYS!!!! IMA GET THEM FOR MY TRUCK,. the tire itself looks like a 265, 275, when u put it near a potenza 255. you can buy em carry out or get put on there. the benefit to have em put on with road hazzard is that you'll qualify for a mail in rebate on the tire. basically, if you buy 3 you get the 4th free after mail in rebate, with install. Ima mngr at pepboys so, give em a call

KETCHUP

Reaction score
think its gonna be the KDWs. After spinnin out cause of tires and ice, I don't wanna go cheap. I was just trying to get tires and PC in the remaining funds I have left. I can get the PC later. Then I can go thru with sellin the 22s. Thanks guys for the input...... U guys RAWK!

Fundage left is 900. I spent a good bit of money at URD gettin the X-1 and a new URD TCAI filter....

TRD-X

Reaction score
think its gonna be the KDWs. After spinnin out cause of tires and ice, I don't wanna go cheap. I was just trying to get tires and PC in the remaining funds I have left. I can get the PC later. Then I can go thru with sellin the 22s. Thanks guys for the input...... U guys RAWK!

Fundage left is 900. I spent a good bit of money at URD gettin the X-1 and a new URD TCAI filter....

Keith the KDW's are a summer tire and have no traction on ice Bro.:top:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
i got the best deal for ya ketchup. 255/45/18 cooper zeons! read up on them and see what you think. 163.99 a tire at PEPBOYS!!!! IMA GET THEM FOR MY TRUCK,. the tire itself looks like a 265, 275, when u put it near a potenza 255. you can buy em carry out or get put on there. the benefit to have em put on with road hazzard is that you'll qualify for a mail in rebate on the tire. basically, if you buy 3 you get the 4th free after mail in rebate, with install. Ima mngr at pepboys so, give em a call

gonna give these a try. I did some research on other forums today. All in all, they sound like good tires. Plus I have cash and I can just go pick em up from PEP BOYS.

I went to Martin tire and they quoted me 230 250 for their available (had to order) tires. I said, uh no!

NightWing

Reaction score
Try onlinetires.com.... 255/45/R18... kdws $165.59... nitto INVOs $143.24.. nitto NT555 $135.92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom