Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Show Off Your XR/RC

J

JDUB916

thanks everyone, Im good at doing stuff, I just found out before reading this post that you have to modify it a little. I think ill be ok once I find the right R/C.... more to come. :p

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Someone should do a write up on this... it was a pia trying to get mine to fit right. I went today and purchased another one to do. If anyone is interested there is a red and black one left at the wal-mart near my work. Just pm me if you would like me to pick one up :top:

J

JDUB916

Letting the paint dry... work in progress..

xrmodel2.jpg

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
JDUB were did you get the paint for the truck??? or can anyone tell me were i can get a SWB paint made?

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I seen a saphire blue in the model paint car paint section at wally world, that may be what there using :top:

bcutshall

Reaction score
Someone should do a write up on this... it was a pia trying to get mine to fit right. I went today and purchased another one to do. If anyone is interested there is a red and black one left at the wal-mart near my work. Just pm me if you would like me to pick one up :top:

i agree with a write up should be done. i have tried a few models and i couldn't get them to fit right

J

JDUB916

JDUB were did you get the paint for the truck??? or can anyone tell me were i can get a SWB paint made?

There is a great store in Sacramento that I've gone to for years. They mix car paint and put it in a spray can for you, with enamel, so you really dont need to clear it.

I wanted to ensure the paint was exact, so you know I went there rather than eyeballing it with other brands that might be close.

For a 12oz HUGE can, its about $18 at this store, if you want it, PM me and we'll work it out with shipping etc.

If not, check your stores locally, the paint code is 08P1.

Good luck :top:

J

JDUB916

Yup she's almost done... letting her final coats dry for a few days then I'll put the windows back in and screw her down and BAM!

Here's the front...
front.jpg

And the rear...
rear.jpg

:rock: :top: :biggrin:

ateam20x

Reaction score
looks awesome bro... im glad i "helped" u build it...haha

Tapp

Reaction score
i finally got mine,!! time to custom this weekend, should have some pics up this weekend..!! i know many of us used to build models..i wounder if they actually came out with a real deal model for the XR?..that would be sick..I gonna go on the hunt for it this weekend..

tapp

Stevenredx

Reaction score
i finally got mine,!! time to custom this weekend, should have some pics up this weekend..!! i know many of us used to build models..i wounder if they actually came out with a real deal model for the XR?..that would be sick..I gonna go on the hunt for it this weekend..

tapp

No real deal models as of yet... usually you can look online to find the imported ones and theres nothing out :motz:

Twisted Creations

Reaction score
Will have one in a couple of weeks thanks to Stevenredx, you a'ight bro !!! You know you have a friend when you just casually mention you would like to have one, and the next day your bro calls ya up and says he found one.:top: Thanks Steven :adore:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Will have one in a couple of weeks thanks to Stevenredx, you a'ight bro !!! You know you have a friend when you just casually mention you would like to have one, and the next day your bro calls ya up and says he found one.:top: Thanks Steven :adore:

Your welcome bro! now all Wal-marts in western part of NC are all out :laugh:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Here's mine along with my Traxxas E-Max with Bus body.:top:

Attachments

• B&XR.jpg
    B&XR.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 525

g0g3tsUm

Reaction score
paint?

what kinda paint are you guys using to paint your r/cs? :hmmmm2:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
what kinda paint are you guys using to paint your r/cs? :hmmmm2:

Most are using model car paint, or at least thats what i used. I think the metallic blue by testors is suppose to be a pretty good match to SWB too. :top:

g0g3tsUm

Reaction score
Most are using model car paint, or at least thats what i used. I think the metallic blue by testors is suppose to be a pretty good match to SWB too. :top:
right on thanks...
are these cars still hard to find? i have two thinking about selling the other one...but not sure yet. how much would you guys be willing to pay?

Top Bottom