Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sittin Sick vs URD lowering kit

L DOG619

Reaction score
Sorry if i posted thgis in the wrong place, But i have a serious question for all you x-runner enthusiast out there... When i bought my x-runner it had a sittin sick lowering kit on it.. I thought the ride was too rough at the time and took it off.. Since I have done a bunch of upgrades and want to lower it back down and am trying to find the best kit to put on to make it ride smooth.. DO you guys think the URD kit will ride smoother ?? Or do you think I just might need to replace my shocks or somthing like that.. My truck has close to 60,000 miles on it.. Iv got my suspension checked and they told me everything is good.. But it still feels like it rides kinda rough to me.. ANy Ideas..?? O and does anyone have the DJM lowering kit.. And if so how do you like it.??? THANK>>??

rich017

Reaction score
Sittin Sic is the best drop out there. We also need more info. Was it dropped with blocks in the rear or the composite leafs? The fronts are dropped with coils.

Also, a highly suggested mod are the QA1 adjustable shocks in the rear. I wouldn't even drive a stock truck without them.

L DOG619

Reaction score
I was told it was a sittin sick drop from a bunch of people on here... All it is is 2 inch blocks in the rear.. And some ball joint extender bolts in the front.. I believe they extende the ball joints two inchs in the front.., Im not sure if they flip the ball joints over or not..

OK just talked with my friend that took them offf.. HE said the ball joints werent flipped they were just extended with some extender boltss

Last edited:

Raiden06BSP

Reaction score
Sounds like you had a C2C (coast to coast) drop kit on the truck. It is a discontinued drop that quite a few people had aligning issues out of it. The best drop out right now is the Sittin Sic drop. 1.75" drop with coils in the front and a 2" drop with composite leafs springs in the rear. like Rich017 said, the QA1 adjustable shocks are recommended but not necessarily needed. Sittin Sic FTW!!!!!! Heres a link:top:

http://www.sittinsic.com/

burnboy

Reaction score
My ss coils will be here in a day or 2. I'm using streetacos rear blocks in 2.25 with qa1's

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
I am running the "URD Kit" aka SOS drop... with no problems :top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
You had the C2C kit. Worked, but not nearly as nice as the Sittin Sic drop. Their drop is by shorter stiffer springs. Makes handling more crisp and responsive with less body roll. Also keeps a good camber angle that can be adjust with an alignment.

The DJM replaces components, such as control arms, to maintain factory angle while going very low. However, it retains stock springs, so you maintain the stock soft suspension.

If you go that route, an upgrade to the Sittin Sic stock height spring will be an extremely worthy addition.

L DOG619

Reaction score
Ok ... My bad guys .. I got confused.. You guys are right.. They told me my kit was a c2c kit.. =/ Well now that we figured that out.. Is the URD kit forsure a better lowering kit or should I just try to wait and buy a Sitting sick kit???

And also can somone tell me the exact model shock from QA1 i should order to fit on my X-runner.??? And should I order shocks for the front too???

Last edited:

darthyota

Reaction score
save your cash and go sittin sic shane at sittin sic also sells the appropriate qa1's for our application

romaniak

Reaction score
i got the sittin sick drop with the blocks in the rear....i think i need to replace the shocks in the front...would a shock for the stock height work in the front or do i need to find some for the lower springs? i'm thinkin bout gettin the qa1s for the rear with the composite leafs....thanx guyz

Murderface

Reaction score
i got the sittin sick drop with the blocks in the rear....i think i need to replace the shocks in the front...would a shock for the stock height work in the front or do i need to find some for the lower springs? i'm thinkin bout gettin the qa1s for the rear with the composite leafs....thanx guyz

There's only a stock replacement for the front now so get a new set of Bilsteins and ur set.

To the OP, the harsh ride is most likely because u bought a "sport truck" and the suspension is gonna be stiffer then a regular pickup. The drop u did have installed did nothing to change the stiffness of the suspension and was mainly for looks although it does lower the center of gravity. The URD(SOS drop) uses a relocated spring perch and retains the stock shock/coil setup so the ride is gonna be like stock but like the C2C drop it also lowers the center of gravity which does improve handling but not as much as a Sittin Sic drop would because the coils have a higher spring rate:top:

I have the Sittin Sic drop coils along with 2" blocks in the rear coupled with QA1 shocks and a set of Sittin Sic sway bars......the truck handles like it's on rails!!

limskey

Reaction score
Is the install of the URD or Sittin' Sic easy to do? I was looking at both of these and seems as though I could screw it up and be left on base getting yelled at by my Superiors! Not a good thing if you're in the military. Anyway, for a person who isn't so great with cars, which one would you guys recommend?

darthyota

Reaction score
with both your going to have to take apart the front strut so it doesnt really matter but the sittin sic kit is the better drop

romaniak

Reaction score
its not that hard...you need a coil press...if you dont have one autozone has one that will loan for free...

CBRBob

Reaction score
Stock struts for the fronts are basically the only thing available.

quest4mike

Reaction score
I actually bought the C2C kit from L DOGG619 on craigslist.. Have not installed them yet but will be machining the spacers from 1.75 to 1". This should eliminate any camber issues when I bring in to align.. Curreently stock on front and have a 1" drop on the rear. Truck is perfectly level. After I install the 1"C2C on the front Ill go ahead and install the 2 inch blocks on the rear. Hey L Dogg, Do you have the short rear bump stops on your truck? Trade you..

blu xr

Reaction score
great info on this thread.....wondered what ppl were using.

with the stock wheels and factory height it looks a little weak in the wheelwell gap.

i was also gonna look into airbags too, for when the girl drive.....lol

Surfrider82

Reaction score
ordered my sittin sic " twelve performance" drop kit yesterday. Cant wait for this thing to come in!

Top Bottom