Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sleeving the engine block

Reaction score
Wow Mark do you think you can make your Taco brake the 200 barrier....how are you going to stop the beast.... without problems, that is mighty fast for a Hard shell Taco Bell order; and you are going to biggie size the pistons and rods for that run? lol :biggrin:

Gadget

Reaction score
The world speed record for a pickup is 224 MPH....

G

Gadget

Reaction score
Banks Diesel powered Dakota I think.

G

widdoz runner

Reaction score
wow k thanks g man i was looking and they was talking bout the sidewinder( dakota with viper motor)

NUPEPRIME

Reaction score
Attn:
Now offering engine pick up and drop into my X, services... free of charge...
Guaranteed to be ready for Test drives @ Texfest 2012 :biggrin:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow Mark do you think you can make your Taco brake the 200 barrier....how are you going to stop the beast.... without problems, that is mighty fast for a Hard shell Taco Bell order; and you are going to biggie size the pistons and rods for that run? lol :biggrin:

200? No. Not worried about trying to get there. 170-180 would make me perfectly happy. Plus not near as much stuff has to be done to the vehicle, if you stay under 180.

Not changing anything with the rods or pistons. All stock dimensions, including the crank. I decided against the alternative which is available, from Brian Crower, which is the stroker crank. Makes you have a 4.3L. However, I would need new rods for certain, and possibly new pistons. Nothing is wrong with my components, so I have no reason to want to change that. Were this a first time build, it might be a different story. Not for this one though. Wasting that money just doesn't make sense.

Plus, piston speeds would be much higher, with a raised rev limiter, than if I kept the stock stroke.

I know it is in the back of Gadget's, what his sleeved engine can do. I am just trying to add enough peer pressuer, politely, to get him to do it! I want to see it just as badly.

darthyota

Reaction score
so you could in theory punch out this block to a 4.6L with a combination of the stroker crank and the 4.3 pistons that cowboy bebop sells hmmm now to figure out a kenne bell 2.3 twin screw

widdoz runner

Reaction score
???? a 4.6 v6? would it be safe as a dd and track day fun???? what would it be compareable to? then to add f/i??? wow

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
so you could in theory punch out this block to a 4.6L with a combination of the stroker crank and the 4.3 pistons that cowboy bebop sells hmmm now to figure out a kenne bell 2.3 twin screw

If you add sleeves into the mix, yes. You could get them as large as practical. Anybody that can take measurements, can get you the pistons. Just need to make sure a reputable shop is doing that, before they order.

The only real thing then to worry about with piston over-sizing, is the combustion chamber.

But yeah, a bored and stroked 1GR would make loads more power. Even in N/A trim.

???? a 4.6 v6? would it be safe as a dd and track day fun???? what would it be compareable to? then to add f/i??? wow

You would have to do a lot of formulas, to get an idea of the specific output difference/gain. New volume of cylinders, being the largest part. To keep things simple, keep everything else stock. For instance, the redline.

I don't know all of the formulae, necessary for that, but i could find them. Easiest way to compare BHP between stock and stroked/bored.

As far as being safe, as a DD, there would be no problem. So long as it was properly assembled.

Last edited:

darthyota

Reaction score

4.6 mustang? if you could make it a 4.6 with a square bore that would be really evil as it would rev up to 8000rpm with ease as long as the oil and coolant pumps could keep up :blurock::blurock::rockon::rockon::blurock::blurock::canada:

widdoz runner

Reaction score
holy gee wilicars batman thats crazy what would be costs???? and square bore???? ima blonde when it comes to this i just know bolt ons...

darthyota

Reaction score
holy gee wilicars batman thats crazy what would be costs???? and square bore???? ima blonde when it comes to this i just know bolt ons...

a square bore is when both the bore and stroke are equal. the new ford 6.2L v8 in the raptor is a square bore motor thats how for such are large motor it can rev to 6200rpm

widdoz runner

Reaction score
bore and stroke is equal???? okay thanks for the info this allows for hi revving i assume

widdoz runner

Reaction score
wow so 6200 wouldnt be anything to a motor sq bored kinda like the rotory motors? how would it be during low rpms?( sorry for the thread jack)

darthyota

Reaction score
Well given the size of the engine it should still make good torque

Top Bottom