Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SooRunner's Project...Enjoy!

SooRunner

Reaction score
Holy heck it has been a while since an update! Get that Ucon in and running yet?

UCON has been installed but didnt drive the truck yet but the truck starts :) ...its been sitting in the garage since I bought is300 from my bro as a daily driver...couldn't pass it up the deal since I know the history of the 2004 is300...original owner, 60k miles, no accident, just need clutch and timing belt job done...now I want to start on this project....trying to go turbo! :blurock:

So much to do on the x, still have coupe's y-pipe and oil pan to install, urd mk2 exhaust on the way since my current mk1 muffler sounds like it has rocks in it or something...need 2 aem wideband for y pipe...want XII front coilover when it releases, want to replace my composite leaf springs with the steel ones, I repainted the whole truck and now want to clear bra it so rock chips don't chip up the front end...list goes on and on...:ahhhhh:but one day you might see my truck on truck of the month on this site I hope :biggrin:.

By the way torspd...i haven't been keeping up with your build cuz I'm not going to browse thru 214 pages....but I'm sure you have one hell of a beast!!

Truck looks good man... Bet it handles beast too..

Thanks for the compliment...doesn't handle too well since it's been sitting in the garage LOL! But it should handle like a beast!

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Start at the last page. Waaaaay easier. Lol

And you've got yourself a laundry list there. Better get to it. :)

nick_gz1

Reaction score
Truck is looking nice, a lot of nice mods to throw on there still, either way truck is a beast

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
Truck looks great dude, any plans in the future to run non stretched tires?

SooRunner

Reaction score
Truck looks great dude, any plans in the future to run non stretched tires?

I don't think i'm running stretched tires...just two different size for front and rear...going against factory settings. 275 in rear and 255 in front, 19inch rims...i forgot what offset tho...

(I'm thinking stretched as those jdm guys low and slow?)

Toon714

Reaction score
Im a jdm guy with aggressive offset wheels and stretch tires for my 240.
Its all about fitment yo! :top:

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
I'm about proper fitment as well, but also about proper tire fitment, your tires are not squared on your rims. I know, I'm also running stretched 275's on a 10.5 inch rim. Just curious is all. Truck is super clean.

SooRunner

Reaction score
I'm about proper fitment as well, but also about proper tire fitment, your tires are not squared on your rims. I know, I'm also running stretched 275's on a 10.5 inch rim. Just curious is all. Truck is super clean.

Thanks...Stock wheels are not going to hold down the power I have therefore upgraded to akward wheel size. :top: You too have an awesome build Clifford! I agree on your profile "money pit" hhahah! FML!

Last edited:

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
Sigh, you missed what I'm saying. Where is Grumpy when I need him.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Nick, I noticed your from Japan? I need some Tacoma parts from Japan! :top:

You know the Tacoma is only made/ sold in North America..... if it's anywhere else in the world it's because it was imported...

Also when talking taking tire stretch the diameter of the rim is not as important as the width.....

SooRunner

Reaction score
Ya got those goodies installed yet? what's tha latest...

What mods are you referring to? My taco has been on a pause aka garage queen...need more money to where I want it...LOL! but when I get to it, i'll post up...but so far ucon is in but not driven...fail!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
You installed it but haven't even driven it? Are you mental man?!?!?!?

SooRunner

Reaction score
You installed it but haven't even driven it? Are you mental man?!?!?!?

You can say that Torspd! LOL! :eviltongue:

Lots of mods that I want to do still...list goes on and on and my money tree is not growing in the back yard due to the weather! HAHAH!

Still waiting on that XII front coilovers now...

List of mods that needs or is going to be done.

-2 aem wideband for left and right bank
-1 aem boost gauge to match wideband :stupid:
-install coupes urd y-pipe
-install urd mk2 exhaust over my mk1 LOL! :stupid:
-purchase urd headers and remove my dtlt gen 1.:stupid:
-purchase XII coilovers to replace shane's coils.
-purchase XII rear steel leaf springs over my composites.:stupid:
-Maybe go stage 3 with the urd s/c
-Clear bra the front of truck. Just repainted the whole truck...
-Change out rear diff fluid...180K on the clock I just noticed! :blurock:
-Maybe swap out my clutch to urd twin disk, tired of that stupid squeek!:stupid:
-install coupe's deep oil pan.

Money pit I tell you!!!!:thumbdown:

Probably more to come...money pit truck...but when I'm done..I'll probably be happy I hope or maybe still mental! :hmmmm2:

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
I feel you on the money pit lol, it will be worth it in the "end". At least that's what I keep telling my self lol.

Top Bottom