Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SOS Drop Installed (pics)

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I went and picked up my SOS drop from Glen w/twisted creations Friday night. :rock: I installed the kit on Sunday and installation was a breeze. It took me 5 hrs to complete the install in the blistering heat, I took plenty of breaks. I was really surprised with the quality of the components from the new spring perches to the rear blocks and U-bolts. I had been really wanting to get the DJM kit but after ALOT of thought i went with the SOS. Almost half the cost and theres no need to chop up my frame. Also very drivable at this level. I haven't had a chance to drive it very far other than up and down my street, but the ride seems almost the same as stock. Will get some road testing after my alignment on Friday. :top: enjoy! :biggrin:

Picture006.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture011.jpg

When i was uploading these pics i came across this pic on the camera. I guess Ms. Stevenredx snapped this while i was installing the kit without me noticing :motz: (not real sure who i was on the phone with :hmmmm2: )
Picture001.jpg

alaxrunner

Reaction score
looks sick,i like the little mat you have to sit on,saves alot of gravel to the knees.looks good

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent job bro! Can't wait to see it in person! :top:

morcheez

Reaction score
looks good ...the sos kit is great if u ask me to ...i have had it for maybe 6 months now and i have no complaints ..did u get it aligned yet...mine was set to -.25 ...way better than it was before ...somewhere in the -2 to -3 range ouch

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
His profile mods still says that he has the C2C --- so I would guess, yes. CHEEZ update your profile you slacker!!! :laugh:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
looks good ...the sos kit is great if u ask me to ...i have had it for maybe 6 months now and i have no complaints ..did u get it aligned yet...mine was set to -.25 ...way better than it was before ...somewhere in the -2 to -3 range ouch

Getting aligned Friday... it is defiantly showing some negative camber right now but I'm sure it can be adjusted back to spec :top:

morcheez

Reaction score
well mine was in the -2 to -3 range for other reasons ...even before alignment with the sos it was much better

Mrs. Stevenredx

"I Hit Things"
Reaction score
When i was uploading these pics i came across this pic on the camera. I guess Ms. Stevenredx snapped this while i was installing the kit without me noticing :motz: (not real sure who i was on the phone with :hmmmm2: )
Picture001.jpg

You were on the phone with Geoff.

Looks great but it would have looked better if you would have matched up your wheels!!! :laugh:

xmoney

Reaction score
dont ride with him for a few days. make sure his tires dont fly off

lol

:biggrin:

Twisted Creations

Reaction score
Lookin' good Steven :top: :top: way to go for doing the install yourself bro. Those spring compressors can bite hard...but it did look like you had all your fingers in tact :biggrin: ooops what's that a lil birdy said you broke a nail :laugh: J/K

RsobarR

Reaction score
Looks good Red, I might be going with the SOS as well, not sure if i want to go that low in the front with the DJM.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Looks good Red, I might be going with the SOS as well, not sure if i want to go that low in the front with the DJM.

I would love to go that low, but cutting the rear frame for the c-notch is what kept me from doing it :top:

Nighthawk2207

Reaction score
i agree stevenredx, thats me as well but the real question is C2C/SOS???? dont know what i want i did the same thing with the short shifter/adapter ended up going with urd which i think was a misake kuz after reading sumthing about the stock shifter wearing out i wish i would have went with the B&M to replace it.

TACOMATOSED

Reaction score
looks good steven! mine is being done as we speak :rock:. i pick my baby up around 5:00 :top:. ashley beat me to it, but i was gonna say that you were probably talkin to me :laugh: . i think i was the reason for one of those many breaks you took!

SOS is definately the way to go! thanks Twisted Creations:top:

Bobby B

Reaction score
Getting aligned Friday... it is defiantly showing some negative camber right now but I'm sure it can be adjusted back to spec :top:

Let us know how the results of your alignment come out. My XR is at stock height and it looks like it has neg camber as is

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Let us know how the results of your alignment come out. My XR is at stock height and it looks like it has neg camber as is

I'm going to have them give me the readings of the before and after and i will post them. If I'm not mistaking, the x comes stock with just a little negative camber :top:

Top Bottom