Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Source for amp remote?

XPC_XR

Reaction score
Whats a good switched wire for me to tap into for my amp remote wire? I am using a LOC with my stock HU for now so I dont believe the hu has a remote wire.

I know I can tap into any 12v source but whats the easiest one to get to that turns off when the car is off?

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Whats a good switched wire for me to tap into for my amp remote wire? I am using a LOC with my stock HU for now so I dont believe the hu has a remote wire.

I know I can tap into any 12v source but whats the easiest one to get to that turns off when the car is off?

:laugh: You get props for being lazy. I prolly would've done the same thing, lol but there's so many accessible wires that you can test. Try the inverter under the console.

XPC_XR

Reaction score
Well my multimeter is broken so it would be hard to test haha. I gotta wait til mon til I get more $$ to get another. Maybe someone will know or tell me where they tapped into, lol.

Currently I just hooked the remote wire in the same spot as the 12v input on the amp and wired a switch on the remote wire. It works but its lame haveing to turn the amp on and off every time.:laugh:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
You can buy a circuit that will trigger your amps power when it detects an audio signal. Easy :top:

shook

Reaction score
Use ignition or accessory, black\red for ignition and white\green for accessory, you can find these in the harness coming from the ignition switch or follow the harness down to the fuse box, should be the harness running just below it. :top:

XPC_XR

Reaction score
You can buy a circuit that will trigger your amps power when it detects an audio signal. Easy :top:
That would involve spending money on something that would get pulled out in a few months when I upgrade the stereo. :dontknow:

Use ignition or accessory, black\red for ignition and white\green for accessory, you can find these in the harness coming from the ignition switch or follow the harness down to the fuse box, should be the harness running just below it. :top:

Ok cool man. Thats the info I needed. I'll probably just tap into the acc line.

Top Bottom