Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sproulesxrunner's Build

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Sproulesxrunner said:
Hopefully. I guess I will have to get an alarm installed in my truck sooner than I though haha. Thanks for shipping it out that quick!.

Mate, I had it ready and waiting for you:p

------------------------------------------
Sent from my Android using Forum Runner

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Coupe has the steel ones. Much cheaper than the ceramic ones. The ceramic ones are about $60 each. Best of the best though.

I would get them now, and install them before installing the pulleys. That way you don't have to worry about it for a loooong time.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Coupe has the steel ones. Much cheaper than the ceramic ones. The ceramic ones are about $60 each. Best of the best though.

I would get them now, and install them before installing the pulleys. That way you don't have to worry about it for a loooong time.

How many and what size? I don't have the pulleys sitting in front of me right now. They are still in NY but they are coming home tomorrow.

Murderface

Reaction score
Yup mine flew apart shredding my belt, got me a ceramic one also

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
It would be however many of the smallest idler pulleys that come with the kit. Those would need to be upgraded.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
It is a pleasure. Been here long enough to remember quite a lot of the old stuff. ;)

Jap

Reaction score
The bearing in the smooth pulley (on the tensioner) was on its way out on mine.
I changed them out for SKF steel bearings, they would be more than adequate for a decent life span.
10 minute job to change it as well, that includes taking it off the engine lol

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
The bearing in the smooth pulley (on the tensioner) was on its way out on mine.
I changed them out for SKF steel bearings, they would be more than adequate for a decent life span.
10 minute job to change it as well, that includes taking it off the engine lol

Thanks for the help Jap. Do you remember the size of the grooved one too?

Right now I know that the idler/smooth one is 17mm Bore, 40mm OD, 12mm Width ... but I am unsure what the other ball bearing is. Also did anyone notice that the two bearings are made in different places? On is made in Argentina and the other is made in Korea:dontknow:

darthyota

Reaction score
wilson head over to bc bearing in calgary and tell them you want to replace the bearings you have(take them with you) with something of the same dimensions but with a better speed rating

Top Bottom