Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sproulesxrunner's Build

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
Nope. Most of that suff is so far out of my automotive knowledge that I don't bother. It would be like me explaining organic chemistry to 6 year old. :laugh:

Better then claiming to be a keyboard technician!!! :laugh: I respect that.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Better then claiming to be a keyboard technician!!! :laugh: I respect that.

I tell it how it is. If I don't know, then I won't claim that I know haha. If someone like you or Mark tell me that it would be beneficial for my engine to put some of that stuff in, then I would go out buy some and put it in haha.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I tell it how it is. If I don't know, then I won't claim that I know haha. If someone like you or Mark tell me that it would be beneficial for my engine to put some of that stuff in, then I would go out buy some and put it in haha.

I have explained it before, and it is a lengthy explanation. This time I will summarize.

Don't think of it as Engine Break-in Oil. It is a concentration of anti-wear additive. For engines to run properly over a long time, then need plenty of it in the oil. Not enough prevents proper protection from metal to metal contact.

EPA recently mandated all SAE labeled oil to reduce it to ~950 ppm. That is too low.

Add in the contents to bring it back up to 12-1500 or even higher.

8oz in 4-6 quarts and you have a good minimum ppm.

Redline Race blends have a minimum of 2200ppm. They just lack the detergents that their SAE oils have.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I have explained it before, and it is a lengthy explanation. This time I will summarize.

Don't think of it as Engine Break-in Oil. It is a concentration of anti-wear additive. For engines to run properly over a long time, then need plenty of it in the oil. Not enough prevents proper protection from metal to metal contact.

EPA recently mandated all SAE labeled oil to reduce it to ~950 ppm. That is too low.

Add in the contents to bring it back up to 12-1500 or even higher.

8oz in 4-6 quarts and you have a good minimum ppm.

Redline Race blends have a minimum of 2200ppm. They just lack the detergents that their SAE oils have.

Thanks for the simple explanation. I'll pick some up next time I'm in an automotive store and start adding it in my future oil changes. :top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
very true. But if a person has good rings and they catch can help with the PCV blow by system then it will help extend the life with a high content ZDDP.

I can't remember, but I think that he doesn't have any cats.as well I believe he has a catch can 2.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Good News!
The Dacia Sandero is coming to Canada!

Just playing with you guys haha. I burnt half of the silly stretched tires off in probably 3-400 kms! Soon some real tires will be going on!

Still can't decide though. 275s up front with 285s on the back or 285s up front and 305s on the back? I like to kick the rear end out but I don't know if the truck will have enough power to do that with the 305s. :hmmmm2: But on the other hand I should start driving a little more sensibly so 305s would probably be better for grip driving haha.

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
I loath staggered set-ups, but wider is better? lol All depends on what you want dude.

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
I loath staggered set-ups, but wider is better? lol All depends on what you want dude.

I bought them used. I didn't have a choice. If I had the choice I would have done what Cory did and put 10.5 all around.

285 & 305 :top:

I'm definitely leaning towards that for sure. Thanks for the input wheel guru:top::top:

Last edited:

kwigs160966

Reaction score
Good News!
The Dacia Sandero is coming to Canada!

Just playing with you guys haha. I burnt half of the silly stretched tires off in probably 3-400 kms! Soon some real tires will be going on!

Still can't decide though. 275s up front with 285s on the back or 285s up front and 305s on the back? I like to kick the rear end out but I don't know if the truck will have enough power to do that with the 305s. :hmmmm2: But on the other hand I should start driving a little more sensibly so 305s would probably be better for grip driving haha.

Should burn the rest of those tires off at the drags in threehills :top:

darthyota

Reaction score
castrol has street legal drags every friday night up here

darthyota

Reaction score
yes sir but i think its the only track in alberta right now

Top Bottom