Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SS Drop question..

KrazyStuntRR

Reaction score
Anyone who's installed the SS drop I was wondering how much if any really did it throw your alignment off?

Chasbo

Reaction score
I don't have numbers, but it was obvious the camber needed to be adjusted. I waited about a month before an alignment and didn't have any issues with tire wear. I really only drive it on the weekends, but the springs still settled with the weight of the truck.

Murderface

Reaction score
When I installed the 2nd set of SS coils just my toe was off, camber was good somehow?

It should throw both camber and toe off. I'd wait a month and then take it to have aligned. In the mean time u can adjust the toe urself. If ur good with a tape measure u should be able to adjust the toe in/out by measuring the front of the tire and then measure the back of the tire and adjust accordingly.

Slay0r

Reaction score
the truck drives as straight as it did b4, but you can see here what its done w/ my camber:

Picture003-1.jpg

Emanon

Reaction score
Yea my camber is 1.8 and I am maxed out on adjustment.

USAFX

Reaction score
so what would be the best way to lower about 1.75'' in the front without major camber issues?

Slay0r

Reaction score
do the SS drop, just get an alignment after. ask the tech to use shims

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
The SS kit is designed to be able to meet factory spec. :top: And if you have the kit and the shop can't get you back to stock then try somewhere else. You should be able to get back into tolerance.

Jasonhawk

Reaction score
I installed my SS and I have no problems. It took me two hours to put the front and back in. Too easy! Its been in for about two weeks now. I don't think you need an alignment. Just do it to be safe. My front is still higher than the back. Does anybody know why there's not a 2" coils. I was thinking of cutting my stock coils. To get that 2inch drop. Does anybody know if this will work? And for the comment about the shims? I didn't see any place to put shims.

Murderface

Reaction score
I installed my SS and I have no problems. It took me two hours to put the front and back in. Too easy! Its been in for about two weeks now. I don't think you need an alignment. Just do it to be safe. My front is still higher than the back. Does anybody know why there's not a 2" coils. I was thinking of cutting my stock coils. To get that 2inch drop. Does anybody know if this will work? And for the comment about the shims? I didn't see any place to put shims.

U will ALWAYS need an alignment after installing drop coils or when taking the front end apart.
The reason there's no 2" coils is because 1.75" is the max, anything more and u will have serious negative camber and some serious tire wear. Only way around it is DJM drop and then add a 1" spacer to get to a 2" drop. DJM uses drop control arms at 3".

Do NOT cut ur coils unless u don't mind ruining ur tires

X-Run-X-er

Reaction score
I have had my SS Drop on for a little over a month, i drive alot and its my daily driver and I did not get an alignment and I'm having no issues with tire wear or straight driving. But I would reconmend waiting 20 to 30 days and getting an alignment !

toyomotoman

Reaction score
Yes it threw my camber off to -2.75 L & R when it should be factory set at 0.00 degrees. I'm looking for a solution to this other than the $500+ aftermarket A-Arms

Xrunnerbjt

Reaction score
so if i lower my truck 1.75 and front and 2 in the back and wait a month for alignment i wont have any tire wear on the front? i have $600+ tires on my truck brand new and really dont want to have to buy new tires due to wear? also this is my daily driver as well and drive a pretty good lot

559xrunner

Reaction score
just get it align when you drop it, you will still have room for camber and caster adj, its not to bad of an drop to need upper a arm it should be with in spec, some tech will tell you shit because its drop and they dont want to adj camber and caster just toe set, but just take it to an shop that know how to adj camber and caster on lower trucks

Top Bottom