Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ssbc brakes installed.

burnboy

Reaction score
2011-06-04181938.jpg

2011-06-04181951.jpg

2011-06-04182020.jpg

The kit came with 2 metal, cross shaped clips that I have no idea what their for? Anyone with this kit may know what I'm talking about but the pics haven't loaded to my photobucket yet. Ill post them when they do.

triumphx

Reaction score
Looking good man! Are you going to leave them silver? How do they feel compared to the shitty stock brakes?

X-Run-X-er

Reaction score
Thanks bro ! can u get just the pads seperate, or it's only the whole thing together ?

burnboy

Reaction score
$899 for the silver not powdercoated. Extra hundred bucks. They are twice easily the brakes we have standard. Wicked upgrade for the money. I just gotta figure out what the extra clips I have are for. Where is christ denied?

Murderface

Reaction score
Here I am to save the day!!! Syke! So where's the pics of these clips ur talking about? So u paid $899 for silver calipers and the slotted rotors? They must've gave me a deal cause I got the red calipers, slotted and cross drilled rotors and at the time the As brake lines were $100 extra but got them too.
Post a pick of these 2 pieces ur talking about so I can tell what they are

ultraxr

Reaction score
Best bang for your buck mod right there! Post up some pictures from a far to see the entire truck. :top:

burnboy

Reaction score
The picks are on my phone. They auto upload to photobucket. But still haven't. Damn these not smart phones.

And their listed 899 on tundra racings site. Silver calipers with the option of slotted, drilled, or both. I'm not a fan of cracking rotors so I opted for slotted. The pads are available from hawk, and all other aftermarket vendors too. My middle pages of the manual were missing but its what I do daily so it wasn't a big deal install. No leaks all is well. Lots of grab for sure.

Last edited:

STONER-X

Reaction score
the extra part may go between the two break pads to help force them back to the fully open position to help prevent brake pad drag... they normally sit on the top side of the pads near the caliper...

going on a guess here since there is no pic.... there are not too many parts to a brake system at the wheels..

BTY those look sweet!!! one day i will get a BBK

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
the extra part may go between the two break pads to help force them back to the fully open position to help prevent brake pad drag... they normally sit on the top side of the pads near the caliper...

going on a guess here since there is no pic.... there are not too many parts to a brake system at the wheels..

BTY those look sweet!!! one day i will get a BBK

Nah it's not that kinda metal clips unless he didn't use all the parts that came with the kit and opted to use different brake pads. I just looked thru the entire directions and there's no clips. Gotta get those pics uploaded NOW!!

The picks are on my phone. They auto upload to photobucket. But still haven't. Damn these not smart phones.

And their listed 899 on tundra racings site. Silver calipers with the option of slotted, drilled, or both. I'm not a fan of cracking rotors so I opted for slotted. The pads are available from hawk, and all other aftermarket vendors too. My middle pages of the manual were missing but its what I do daily so it wasn't a big deal install. No leaks all is well. Lots of grab for sure.

If u get rotors that are built well enough and don't have the drilled holes where the directional vanes are that direct air and support the two halves then they shouldn't crack. It's been almost a year now since I've had mine and I have no cracks, also the holes are only drilled where there's no vanes. Remember no supercar comes with slotted rotors only drilled and im sure they dont crack, ya i know i dont own super car brakes....Just my opinion

Last edited:

burnboy

Reaction score
They do drag a little. The square o ring should draw the pistons back a little. I'm gonna call tom at tr tomorrow and ask him and utilize them after work. But they operate fine and work good and they let loose at a red light if I let off the brake the truck rolls. Well see.

Drilled rotors tend to wear with groovs because it takes away pad only in line with the holes. So its a rotor and pad change all the time because fresh pads on groovy rotors won't seat. Drilled and slotted? I have no experience with. Slotted was my choice becaause of my experience with all my super cars in my garage, lol. Not. Funk this phone.

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
The rotors they sell with the kit only have 5 lines of 4 drilled holes and 5 slots on them. I recently took one of them apart to look at the pads and they are wearing just like my stock pads did on a non cross drilled or slotted rotor. This is only the 2nd vehicle that I've had cross drilled rotors on and the other had no issues with pad wear or rotors crackin. I know it happens because a member on here had his cross drilled rotors separate from the hat(one piece design rotor, not like the TRD BBK how it has a 2 piece rotor). So Im aware it happens and I'll always keep my eye on them as I always do with any part of my truck(I get nervous about shit breaking).
These rotors seam pretty BEEFY but we'll see
e6b5d701.jpg

burnboy

Reaction score
2011-06-04183356.jpg

2011-06-04183404.jpg

2011-06-04183411.jpg

my choice of rotor was just preferance. the slots will keep the pad wear even. if it were all drilled, youd get grooves. like waves between each hole around the rotor.

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
Yup mine def didn't come with those clips or any in fact. 2 questions for ya
1) what exact brake kit did u get
2) did u order a complete kit and not add ur own parts

burnboy

Reaction score
came with stainless lines, calipers and brackets, rotors. the brake line bolts to the shock like stock and these clips dont seem to fit in. but my instructions were missing 2 pages. it is the tr kit? i believe. $899 with silver caliper. pc another hunerd. eeasy install. bled my brakes with a machine at work and voila,.i figure the dragging noise i hear is just new brakes.

yeah yeah, complete kit

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
What kit was it? The 332mm one?

Only thing I can think of is that they are for the brake lines where they attach to the strut but I know my 332mm kit didn't come with those clips and my stock clips don't look like those. Maybe they were thrown in the kit by accident and they're for a differ car/truck?

STONER-X

Reaction score
those are the ware indicators... they clip on the edge of the pad.... it the squeaker... you dont need them if you know how to look at your pads every now and then..

Top Bottom