Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ssbc brakes installed.

burnboy

Reaction score
the inner pad has a squealer built on it. it may be squealers but im just not sure. they dont seem to have an obvious place. or purpose

the clip says "top" and "ssbc"

Last edited:

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
arent those the clips that hold the brake bads to the piston on the caliper? just a thought...sometimes they are already attached to the pads, others you have to put them on yourself

MplsX

Reaction score
those are the ware indicators... they clip on the edge of the pad.... it the squeaker... you dont need them if you know how to look at your pads every now and then..

I am third on the opinion that those are squeezers.

burnboy

Reaction score
The top guide pin bolt holds the top of inner pad in and then it rides on the machined surface on the bottom. The outer pad fits a certain way to the caliper that keeps it secure. Its weird.

CBRBob

Reaction score
arent those the clips that hold the brake bads to the piston on the caliper? just a thought...sometimes they are already attached to the pads, others you have to put them on yourself

YES, They clip on the back of the inboard pad and then slide into the pistons to locate and hold the inboard pad. GO PUT THEM IN NOW.

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
^^^they can't be for that and if they were he'd be missing 2 of them since it's for 4 pistons.

I guess you'll call tundra racing today and find out for sure

burnboy

Reaction score
Brake squeal is caused by the pad rattling. These clips are optional. They do hold the pad to the piston. Tom said their a real mother to get into the pad tho. So if I have a squeal issue in the future I can utilize them then. He dosent get complaints he says tho. So, there we have it

Later ill make a thread for some photochopping for different color ideas. I have an orange x brace. Maybe orange calipers

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
Wonder why mine didn't come with those clips then? And how come only 2 and not 4?

CBRBob

Reaction score
You only need 2. The 2 short tabs on the clips slide one into each piston.

Top Bottom