Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stainless Steel brake lines

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
some pics to see the awsomeness....

Of my brakes that I ordered? They are nothing special...
photo-13.jpg

and some EBC yellow stuff brake pads

Murderface

Reaction score
Well basically the SS lines keep the rubber lines from flexing and allow the fluid to do it's job thus making the piston push harder on the pad and doing a better job with stopping

Gadget

Reaction score
I can tell you this. I had a 99 F-150 and the brakes always felt mushy and generally sucked. I put a set of front braided lines on it and it made a huge difference in the way the brakes worked and felt. Like night and day. I sold the truck a month later. I have no idea how well braided lines will work on the X.

I put braided lines on my 96 4Runner and there was a nice improvement but nothing like the F-150. I guess it all depends on how crappy the stock lines are to start with.

Now I have a Tundra with real crappy brakes. Got some work to do there.

MplsX

Reaction score
This is what Stoptech says:
Will I feel a difference on my car if I install SS lines?

The amount of perceived difference will vary by each car's individual design, age, and usage. Those cars with a significant amount of flexible OEM line or those that have seen years or use and aging will typically display a more dramatic improvement in pedal feel than new cars with shorter lines

You can read the entire Stoptech thread here

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_stainlesssteel_Q&A.shtml

Tunedx

Reaction score
I know some of the bbk kit manufactures come w ss brake lines. Is it worth to purchase the additional front ss brake lines and the rear?

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
So here is a thread revival. There is a guy on Tacoma World doing a group buy. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gr...-deal-steel-braded-brake-lines-group-buy.html

He said that brackets on the front are different from the other tacoma's but I don't understand what he said completely.

Here is a direct quote, "We have done 3 xrunners so far. Unfortunately with the xrunners it's a little more complicated because their is a bracket that needs to be removed from the original set of lines in order for the new ones to fit. If you decide to go ahead with it then you would need to remove your lines and ship them to me, then the guy will take the part he needs and we would ship you the new lines all set to go. Let me know if you're still interested in doing this.
Regards,
JP"

I thought that the X's front is the same as a 5lug but with the v6, a better body and suspension.

Can someone please shed some light on this for me?

Thanks a lot XRU!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the cross drilled stainless steel brake lines yet? If so, how well do they work?

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Update: I bought some stop tech brake lines for the font. I didn't really have the money for the rears but will see how the money is later.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the cross drilled stainless steel brake lines yet? If so, how well do they work?

Not so great actually. Went for the brakes and nothing. Luckily there was a ford in front to stop me. :laugh:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Not so great actually. Went for the brakes and nothing. Luckily there was a ford in front to stop me. :laugh:

Phew!! Lucky they are fast and were able to stay ahead of you. ;)

(see what I did there?)

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol. Well played Sir.

Well I just ordered a set. From the way I figure, it should really cut the brake dust down, if not completely out. I can't wait!!! :werd:

Top Bottom