Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steel Drop Leaf Sneak Peak

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals,

We just wanted to give you a sneak peak at the new Drop Steel Leafs that just came in. We will be installing them for testing on our X Runner once we get our truck back from the body shop. We hope to have our truck out of the shop within the next 3 weeks (fingers crossed). Our goal is to have these installed on truck for the November 12th Sibling Rivarly Show in Jacksonville Fl, So those of you that are going to attend will get a first look of them installed.

They are designed to give a 2" drop in rear. The leafs are heavy and very sturdy. Each leaf weighs approximately 50 IBS. If all works out as planned these leafs will be offered at $575.00 per set. Specialty steel leafs retail for around $650.00 a set, so we worked it out to get everyone the best deal possible. We will do a group buy once every thing is lined up and offer a little discount to those who are interested.

Stay tuned in the next few weeks for the installation update. Once again sorry for the delay on installation, we can all blame the woman who tried to to take off our front end with her Envoy last monday morning.

steelcoils2.jpg

darthyota

Reaction score
What's the spring rate like on those as they look similar to what's on my 4runner with a big spring pack like that

Jeremias

Reaction score
I am interested. I hope they come with a better u bolt than we get with other kits. Something heavy like the stock one would be best.

butters607

Reaction score
Aww I can't wait for these I need that weight that the monos don't offer!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
My interest is peaked. I think the stockers are a thicker two layers with a short one on the bottom. At least that is what mine are.

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
What's the spring rate like on those as they look similar to what's on my 4runner with a big spring pack like that

Im working on getting the specific specs on these. Spring Rate, Load Capacity, etc. I will let everyone know as soon as i get the specs in writing.

Looks pretty massive, how many layers are the stockers?

The Stock Leafs were 3 layers.

These Steel Drop Leafs are 6 layers.

I am interested. I hope they come with a better u bolt than we get with other kits. Something heavy like the stock one would be best.

Yes, we will have a heavy u bolt set for the steel leafs.

My interest is peaked. I think the stockers are a thicker two layers with a short one on the bottom. At least that is what mine are.

Yes your correct, 3 total layers, one is short.

The Steel Drop Leafs have 6 layers. All layers are a different length. I am going to speak with the designer of these leafs and get some information on design for everyone.

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
So is that $575 with or with out shipping? If it's without shipping what's gonna be the total price shipped for these bad boys? I think I already got this answer from u but will they have poly bushings on the ends?

Hopefully the spring rate isn't ridiculously more then stock, I'd hate to see ur truck hopping up and down from it being too stiff. Interested to see what the spring rate is on them. What's the stock spring rate?

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
So is that $575 with or with out shipping? If it's without shipping what's gonna be the total price shipped for these bad boys? I think I already got this answer from u but will they have poly bushings on the ends?

Hopefully the spring rate isn't ridiculously more then stock, I'd hate to see ur truck hopping up and down from it being too stiff. Interested to see what the spring rate is on them. What's the stock spring rate?

The springs will be $575.00 Plus Shipping. Quotes will be given to each buyer by their zip code.

As far as spring rate. I spoke to the company about spring rate. The Steel Springs are not quoted by spring rate. These springs were specially engineered for X-Runners/Tacoma Trucks 05+ . [FONT=&quot]Many variables are considered during the computerized design process, including ride height, dry weight and payload capacity. They were designed to be firmer than stock for performance (track, auto cross, etc.), (but not so stiff that the truck hops all over the road), they give the truck a 2" rear drop, and also give a comfortable ride for daily commute. The steel leafs are also rated with same load capacity as stock.

The company that produced them have been making custom leafs since 1947.

[/FONT]

bigdreams

Reaction score
If I ever get around to buying them, I'll just make the short drive down there to you and pay in person and the the springs in my bed and install later. But it looks like an awesome product! I'll talk to you and Buck on the 22nd about my ideas and get some price quotes from you

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
If I ever get around to buying them, I'll just make the short drive down there to you and pay in person and the the springs in my bed and install later. But it looks like an awesome product! I'll talk to you and Buck on the 22nd about my ideas and get some price quotes from you

Sounds like a plan! We will bring one of the leafs for everyone to look at on the 22nd.

5000XD

Reaction score
4 years too late! ;)

Interested to hear what end users have to say. I might be interested!

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
Maybe I'll pick up a set of these and replace my composite leafs ....Though I think the composites are stronger than everyone makes them out to be . I've put some crazy weight in the bed of my truck( e.g. wet pallet of sod ) and then drove down an uneven bumpy road and they're in perfect shape ...I'll see if I can break them when I finally buy a trailer lol

Murderface

Reaction score
If u want to break them all u need is repeated amounts of wheel hop lolz. I'm lucky my wheel hop cracked the leafs and didn't destroy my rear or an axle or 2.

Top Bottom