Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stolen fuel

WCD

Reaction score
Anyone had fuel siphoned from their truck yet?
Someone is stealing fuel from mine. So a locking gas cap is on my to-do list for tomorrow.
The first few times, I thought my gas needle was reading slightly lower than the previous day. But I wrote it off to the summer heat cooking my brain and that I was just imagining it.
But then this morning I noticed my fuel door was ajar. The thief must have gotten sloppy and left it open.
He's only taking maybe a gallon or two at a time, but now I'm on to him.
I might camp outside tonight.....

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Someone is stealing fuel from mine. So a locking gas cap is on my to-do list for tomorrow.
The first few times, I thought my gas needle was reading slightly lower than the previous day. But I wrote it off to the summer heat cooking my brain and that I was just imagining it.
But then this morning I noticed my fuel door was ajar. The thief must have gotten sloppy and left it open.

Yea, locking gas caps are fairly cheap and good to have. Pepboys carries the "top of the line" locking gas cap for about $12.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
That sucks dude... try and find a way to trap him and bust his ass.

jdoggy

Reaction score
Just piss him off and get a locking cap.........

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Get a paintball gun!!!! Just dont hit the truck!!

WCD

Reaction score
Actually I think the parts store is still open.
I'll jet and get one now.
But I'm still camping out. My buddy is a bondsman, so maybe I can borrow his cuffs. :top:

Be sure to put an index card inside the fuel door that says, "LOL", after you put on the locking cap.

Hahaha......that's a good idea!
Or maybe a picture of my middle finger. :smile:

Last edited:

rich017

Reaction score

Get up on your roof and lay there through the night........with a shotgun of course

X-Runnin

Reaction score
damn, all that trouble for 4 bucks worth of gas, I kinda feel sorry for the guy :laugh:

JakeX

Reaction score
You should hide outside and just trap him and go off on him. :eviltongue: That is a funny idea about the middle finger though.

Ive always wanted to get a locking gas cap to avoid that... Or you could get him busted with the cops or something, get him to pay for all the gas he stole :biggrin:

x-stealth

Reaction score
If you are going to leave a note. I would leave on there. " Wow, you look great on camera." This way he knows he got caught. And wont ever come back. If you just lock it. You might have to worry about him/her damaging your truck out of anger. Or maybe even sit in the truck. And when they come up. Start it!!!

WCD

Reaction score
Well no luck tonight on the cap. Pepboys and Autozone were out of stock. The other places I tried were closed.
Time to break out my sleeping bag....

JakeX

Reaction score
Well no luck tonight on the cap. Pepboys and Autozone were out of stock. The other places I tried were closed.
Time to break out my sleeping bag....

your gonna do that tonight right? whats your plan since none of us know what your gonna do exactly

Last edited:

WCD

Reaction score
your gonna do that tonight right?

The only problem is there's a heat wave moving through Cali right now. This is the kind of weather only the devil can sleep in.
I'll leave a note for the guy, but then I'll have to look out for key marks on my paint.

JakeX

Reaction score
The only problem is there's a heat wave moving through Cali right now. This is the kind of weather only the devil can sleep in.
I'll leave a note for the guy, but then I'll have to look out for key marks on my paint.

Can you not report it to the cops? Thats what i would do but i live in a small town where the cops are bored. :smile:

WCD

Reaction score
Can you not report it to the cops? Thats what i would do but i live in a small town where the cops are bored. :smile:

I could....but I'm thinking it wouldn't get much priority.
It's more of an annoyance than anything else. If the guy wasn't sloppy with leaving the fuel door open, I might not have caught on.
I'll get my locking cap tomorrow and hopefully be done with this. :rolleyez:
Unless the dude gets greedy and punches a hole in my tank. That would be an act of war.

JakeX

Reaction score
I could....but I'm thinking it wouldn't get much priority.
It's more of an annoyance than anything else. If the guy wasn't sloppy with leaving the fuel door open, I might not have caught on.
I'll get my locking cap tomorrow and hopefully be done with this. :rolleyez:
Unless the dude gets greedy and punches a hole in my tank. That would be an act of war.

Your right, and that would suck to have someone punch a hole in your tank - what could you do? I guess you could get your insurance to pay for it right? :dontknow:

hehe or you could take it to the stealership and claim that the weather caused a round hole in your gas tank :laugh:

Top Bottom