Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sun reflects off hood scoop on to your face

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
yea it happens all the time. Really bad after a nice detail job.

texas_online

Reaction score
even with my sunglasses on, i still need to use my hand to block the reflection off im thinking to add a clear shield on top of the hood scoop to deflect some of the reflection off.

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
It sucks! Get a flat paint job! I have two hail dents on my scoop so get the reflection couple diff ways!

DBL-BD

Reaction score
I thought about tinting the lower part of the windshield once. Then I thought about the inspection sticker being in the way and after that i got distracted n forgot. oh well

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
I have some good sunglasses (Ray ban) that cut the glare where its bearable.

fmap4life

Reaction score
Happy you brought it up, I thought the same thing the other day an thought if anybody else had the issue, Man we are not alone, Unless you wanna paint the thing flat(Just The Scoop) I would say hell with it, Just My open onion

5000XD

Reaction score
That's why my truck is dirty all the time most of the time :crinklehair:

Vashx51

Reaction score
yeah it depends on where the sun is at the time my wife has gotten that a few times in while i drive. . . i don't know what it is but it's like set up to nail the driver right in the face no matter who you are .

dj_lucas840

Reaction score
Mine doesn't bother me much! The f'n crack in my winshield reflects in my eyes a lot worse! Really sucks when I get it from both!

Mr.X

Reaction score
im scoopless!! so doesnt bother me at all and my windshields tinted too(35%) and a limo strip up at the top

1208091504b.jpg

KETCHUP

Reaction score
not as bad after I had my stripes painted on. kinda breaks that up a bit.....

5000XD

Reaction score
you gotta use the truck to get it dirty...your is a GARAGE QUEEN just like Doug's...:rofl:

Stop hating on the supercharger with smallish pulley Jay lol :laugh:
I'll put up some pictures when she's all dressed up later this weekend especially for you :top:

kcidmil

Reaction score
Yep, that's why when I had the truck repainted I had them slap on a few coats of Trim black to block all that. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner

38662450038_large.jpg

Top Bottom