Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tex-Fest 2012

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
TEX-FEST 2012
Date: November 9-11

The southwest crew has been hard at work planning another great Tex-fest event!!

For all the up to date details, and sign up information please see the OFFICIAL thread
TEX-FEST 2012

Schedule of events:

Friday: Roll in with special event TBA Begin Points system for best driver on XRU!

Saturday: Morning Event TBA
ModDay @ Torspds Garage!!! If you have a mod or want to see a mod nows the time!
Videogame racing @ modday will be part of points system...
Karting Track 21 Winner fastest lap will recieve a prize!
Night time P.A.R.T.Y. because we got to!

Sunday: DRIFTING! NST sponsored event. Roll in at noon this time lol.
special $10 admission for Texfest attendees
VIP and Premium up front spectator seating!!!!
We will also have a truck show with winner receiving a special prize!

Official sponsors list:
NST nonstoptuning
Lightsource
I<3JDM (texfest 2012 logo)
URD Underdog Racing Development

Coupe
craven speed
Black Cat Custom
Flyzeye Design
XII Performance
XRU

ToyotaTerritory

HOTEL INFO:
La Quinta Inn Houston Cy-Fair
13290 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77065-4005

Phone: 1-281-469-4018
Fax: 1-281-955-6350

ModDay Info:
Torspd's Garage!!!!
I will pm everyone who signs up closer to the event with the exact address unless mark wants to post it on a public forum.

Attachments

• texfestblk_Tshirt_Template_zps9776cbc3.jpg
    texfestblk_Tshirt_Template_zps9776cbc3.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:

trd_sport

Reaction score
to the top......anyone who wants a shirt and raffle ticket needs to sign up asap. Pretty soon they will be first come first serve.....

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Who did the X-Runner artwork on the t-shirt? I was trying for about a year (a couple years ago) to find/hire someone to do a vector caricature of the X-Runner and never could find anyone. I found one guy in England that was really good but he got hired by Lego to design their Lego kits and didn't have time to do it.

trd_sport

Reaction score
Our very own xru member I<3JDM
I think it turned out great!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I second that!

I think I spy Japan... o_O

STONER-X

Reaction score
Is there no trip to baytown? I wanna alder if I can get.some.more 14 sec passes... lol

trd_sport

Reaction score
I will update the thread, it will be prolly be that friday night

STONER-X

Reaction score
Is there no trip to baytown? I wanna alder if I can get.some.more 14 sec passes... lol

?? Haha auto correct ... I wanna see..... have no clue how alder came out.of.that?....

Sweet a trip to the track!!

trd_sport

Reaction score
ATTENTION: Im currently waiting on pricing for the shirts.
I have set up a paypal account Texfest2012@yahoo.com for prepayments to be sent to. Once I get the final cost I will have the final cost per shirt and I will update here along with a pm to everyone who signed up for a shirt. There will be a limited amount of time that payments need to be sent in so please dont wait if you want to make sure to get your shirt size. There will only be a limited amount of extra shirts ordered for purchase the day of the event. They should be in the $20 range for prepayments and remember that every shirt order gets a free raffle ticket, so if you order 3 shirts you get 3 tickets.

For those that want a Dickies workshirt, I am working on pricing for that as well, however they will be ordered only on a prepayment basis, there will be no extra for sale at the event.

I<3JDM

Reaction score
Who did the X-Runner artwork on the t-shirt? I was trying for about a year (a couple years ago) to find/hire someone to do a vector caricature of the X-Runner and never could find anyone. I found one guy in England that was really good but he got hired by Lego to design their Lego kits and didn't have time to do it.

Hey Klint I know you dont remember me, we talked way back about the calenders that you put together awhile back and I was one of the winners. If I had only knew you was looking for an artist to do a caricature of the x runner I would of done it for you man, no charge:top:. It just takes me a while to do because of work and kids.
Ive done alot of artwork in my life and started at a young age. There was a point in my life I moved back to San Jose to go school at the Art Academy in San Fran. Lived there for 2 years, I came back home cuz I miss the island life... But wow that guy must be lucky to work for lego. I wish I got that kind of job.:smile: someday....

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
I flip the coin and It was between Texfest and Las Vegas SEMA show and Vegas won. I'll be driving the 2300 miles. I wanted to stop by Houston on the way back but the boss(wife) said NO.

Gators Taco

Reaction score
I missed East Xfest because we had to move her parents at the retirement home. For this trip, I'll be away 11 days. If I was to stop in Houston on the way back, it would make it 18 days. I might end up in the dog house. I'll try to take lots of pictures

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I flip the coin and It was between Texfest and Las Vegas SEMA show and Vegas won. I'll be driving the 2300 miles. I wanted to stop by Houston on the way back but the boss(wife) said NO.

I didn't think SEMA was open to the public. Are you going with a company or something?

Gators Taco

Reaction score
I'm an Amsoil dealer. This will be my second time. What a show!!!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Got to do what you hsve to do. At least you tried. :top:

Gators Taco

Reaction score
You make sure you post lots of pictures of the TexFest. I had my helmet ready for the drift ride.
I'll take lots of pictures at SEMA and post them on. Maybe next year I'll make it to Houston. Have fun at TexFest

Top Bottom