Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The not prodigal son returns

Reaction score
So a few know the story but here's the quick and dirty. I bought my truck a 06 in the winter of 07 and started playing. A few years go by and other things upgraded and it's time for a URD stageIII. Now I won't bad mouth URD gadget has pushed our aftermarket. I will say that after about 3-4K of driving with some "spirited" driving 3 ring lands were gone. So after some favors and luck called my engine builder had me a Darton sleeved and a full BC stroked bottom end. Add in some head work and stiffer springs and we're ready to go. Unless the shop you had the work done at decided to close shop. Fast forward and here we are https://www.icloud.com/attachment/?...OrKgCdseWdapOcsRog&f=IMG_0012.MOV&sz=27452238. There's still tons of new stuff that needs to be broken in but I hope to have it on the chassis Dyno before the season is done. I'll keep everyone posted as I can.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
SIIIIICK!! Gonna be some POWERFUL XRs in the North England crew!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I recognize that lamp. Probably my most favorite lamp of all time.

How many miles do you have on it, since that video? Also, what all head work, if you don't mind?

Being that you have the Stage 3, which size rotrex do you have, and which pulley? Curious how many psi yours was running and how similar yours is to Gadget's. Depending on those items, your dyno numbers could very well be quite close to his truck's.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
And welcome to the stroker club. :top:

AryaHmmr

Reaction score
sailingengineer, that's a beautiful truck! What kind of headlights do you have? I need to replace mine.

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the feedback it's much appreciated. To answer a few questions the head work was really stiffer valve springs and my builder went through and did some mild port and polishing. Really just to clean up the runners. The blower is the c38 with the 70mm pulley. Right now after some break In went to the dyno which was a super flow and it made 342hp and 361tq. Now those numbers seem really low and they are for a couple reasons. The main two being injector size and rev limit. The truck has 640cc injectors from the original supercharger setup. I have 800cc going in this weekend with APR fuel rails. The rev limit is only at 5600 right now mostly because I'm running out of fuel. After the injectors and rails go in I'll be turning it up to 11. Astor the headlights they are aftermarket buckets that are black with clear reflectors. I made the projectors with the angel eyes with parts from The retrofit source. The projector itself is the FXR which is one of the largest they offer. That also means there was a lot of cutting, grinding, sanding, measuring....... they offer smaller ones that are as close to plug and play as you can get. I just had to be difficult.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
What trim is the blower? C38 doesn't tell the whole story. Is it the C38-81, C38-91, or the C38-92? What is your schedule like? How often are you at sea? Would be great to get all these New England XRs together at a drag strip or something.

Reaction score
Sorry about that, it's a c38-81 with the 70mm pulley. I'm currently getting ready to head out for the winter but spring time will definitely be a possibility.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Keep in touch. I host a meet every spring/early summer at my place but the New England crew has been much more active in the last year or so. I'd like to do a drag strip night or mod day during the year as well. And you need to make next year's XFEST!!!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't SuperFlows generally read low as well? I believe @fishsticks had his done on a Superflow as well?

That is the only other time where I have seen the torque read higher than the HP, from a Centrifical S/C setup.

I think that little 81 is going to need some HGH. ;)

Top Bottom