Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

This a good deal on an xr?

Kevin S.

Reaction score
The hail damage is not severe. Looked at it today. The hood is probably going to just be repl. The roof and a pillars are the hardest hit. The current owner says he was quoted 1200-1500 for a pdr hail repair job.

Other than that it is very clean! Rides nice and seems to be well taken care of. He is the 2nd owner.

What yall think?

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/3934727355.html

pics of hail damage

Last edited:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Not bad, I was interested in that myself, not far from my Dad's house but I was still ask for lower even though the mod list is good!

Kevin S.

Reaction score
cool! what do you think is a good price? I was thinking maybe 10k? also the tachometer doesn't work? that a common deal?

hrspwr236

Reaction score
10k is what I was thinking without seeing the extent of the hail damage and the high mileage, I love the mods but lower miles would seal the deal for me!

Kevin S.

Reaction score
10k is what I was thinking without seeing the extent of the hail damage and the high mileage, I love the mods but lower miles would seal the deal for me!

yep i'm thinking 10k max. The tach also doesn't work. Guessing it's a big deal since he hasn't fixed it yet (just had it at the dealer for service, clutch repl, etc.)

Hmmmmm maybe 9k lol

:top:

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
Ya personally, its cheap, but high miles and he isnt very detailed on alot of stuff, like custom rims, and what happened to his fogs, tried to smoke it himself or previous owner? I never buy anything moddified but the stuff did to it, isnt that bad, rims n drop, can be changed, he got a gud intake so thats gud, and tailgate spoiler! And its cheap enough to fix the hail damage, so for me personally, it would be on what kinda parts he used, like iswthe windshield oem glass or aftermarket, royal purple isnt that gud in my opinion, I mean its ok but got better oils out there, and the tach doesnt work, id see how much it is to fix that then go from there

Edgeman

Reaction score
Looks like a good deal if it's mechanically sound. Would be even better if you have a bud who's into "Painless dent repair" that works for beer. There's definitely an art to that, and anytime you can fix dents without having to repaint the panel...just make sure he has plastic covers on the tips of his picks so he doesn't scratch off the rust protection on the back side of the panels.

Kevin S.

Reaction score
it's in great shape mechanically save for the tach not working. No leaks, runs great! New clutch, new brakes! He won't budge from 11k though... what ya think? I still think it's worth it ! he has an extra bed and the stock wheels that he will throw in as well.

I have a buddy that works for dent wizard that will practically do the repair for a song! So no problems with that.

Kevin S.

Reaction score
cool! thanks guys! I have another question. It's lowered with the djm kit. I will be using the truck to haul dirt bikes, occasional run to home depot and what I really wanna know is will it still be able to tow ? about 1400 lbs - side by side utv and a trailer?

Top Bottom