Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

This is For all you guys with a Black X

Deviant

Reaction score
Honestly there is a lot of other stuff besides ICE over the counter.

I try to stay away from water blades and dusters becuase it will micro mar you paint. Also use good quality mf towels, mitts and what not so you don't impose any more swirling then you should be doing.

As far as looks are concerned, I prefer Zaino. It doesn't give you a deep depth like a true carnauba would, but it does give off an intense gloss. Not to mention the slickness is out of this world, and it lasts long too!

jockin my styLez

Reaction score
yeah im thinking the same thing about those california dusters...

so whats out there to use to clean the truck off when it gets dusty???

i dont wanna have to wash it everytime it gets a little dirty

what do you guys suggest?

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
I NEVER use California Car Dusters. They leave huge swirl marks all over your paint.:thumpdown:

Deviant

Reaction score
yeah im thinking the same thing about those california dusters...

so whats out there to use to clean the truck off when it gets dusty???

i dont wanna have to wash it everytime it gets a little dirty

what do you guys suggest?

If it's really dusty, a good bath is the safest way to get all that dirt/dust off. If it's mild dust/pollen, a quick detailer and a quality MF towel will do the trick

Bobby B

Reaction score
I NEVER use California Car Dusters. They leave huge swirl marks all over your paint.:thumpdown:

I have to disagree I've had many many cars and I dusted them all (dust being the key word here not polish) Of course I wax my XR 3-4 times a month too and I don't have any swirl marks, I have scratches here and there but thats unavoidable.
For the most part I use Microfiber Towels, but if you want to get technial even those scratch you just can't see them without a microscope. Regular washing and waxing is the best way to protect your paint and keep it lookin sharp!

:biggrin: If you don't believe me just ask me!

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
I just bought the meguiars tech wax an scratchX havent had a chance to use em though but I'm going to see how they do . im going to use the ice on all the plastics

FoxDavis

XRU Overdosed
Reaction score
Here's what I use. I wash with a good car soap like Meguiars and my mf wash mitt. Dry it off with the water blade (if it's clean and you don't drop it on the ground you will be ok) I've used it for many years on a lot of different paints, and it has never put any kind of mark on my clear coat. Follow the water blade with a mf towel, don't buff off the water, just lightly dry it off. Once all dry then you can use the wax of your preference. Most waxes these days work pretty well. I do like Zymol but I use a spray cleaner/ polish from Honda. I'll tell you guys, this stuff is very safe and it shines and leaves the surface very smooth. I have use the Honda stray for over 10 years now and amazing stuff. Spray it on the surface, wife off with a mf towel and then lightly buff with a new clean mf towel. Plus it cleans the brake dust off like no other.

I'll take a little vid of my truck when I am cleaning it and you'll see what I mean.

One more thing, when it gets a little dusty or there is pollen on it then I use Meguiars quik detailer mist.

(BlackXrunnero5) the scratchX works pretty well, you have to do it a few times though. Rub it on the scratched area then buff it off, then repeat.

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
I think im in love that meguiars ntx tech wax works great lol Didnt have to use the Scratch x tho . I still used the ICE spray on all the plastics . T You cant use the meguiars on anything that isnt painted the ICE works on everything but the lights . They work great together !

Raversman

Banned
Reaction score
you can put the ICE wax on your car in direct sunlight, and any exterior surfaces (id say its more like Armor All for your car's Paint/Exterior). You can't say that about other waxes. The liquid ICE wax does not protect your paint as much as Meguires NXT generation does (i have both). I also bought the $16.99 ICE paste wax, its good stuff, except that im not sure it has Carneuba in the formula.

SP_A0017.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom