Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Throttle Body Spacer and TRD CAI Fitting Question

wlylwinstin182

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am looking into buying a throttle body spacer. I have heard rumors that they will only fit on stock air intake systems. I have a TRD CAI installed on my X and need to know if any make of throttle body spacer will fit on it. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Murderface

Reaction score
I honestly think it's a waste of money IMO. I'm sure some others will say the same. But as far as it working on a TRD intake I'm not too sure?

wlylwinstin182

Reaction score
X-Roller: I wrote CJX-Runner a PM. Waiting for his reply. Hopefully it works out. Thanks.

rich017

Reaction score
The throttle body spacer fits on other intakes besides stock but not sure if the TRD is one of those.

But don't get a throttle body unless you already have one. They do nothing on our trucks. Only benefit for a TBS is if you have a vehicle with a carb

07XRsteve

Reaction score
i have the TRD CAI and a TBS and i noticed that it fits better with the TBS, the black tube that mass aif flow sensor sits on seems a little to short to fit in the red things(dont know the name) with the TBS it fits snug in there, before it was barley staying in, the TBS doesnt do anything performance wise but it makes your truck sound really good and makes the TRD CAI fit better lol

Gadget

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the TRD supercharger moves the throttle body more to the passenger side than it was stock. So it might be a little tight using a TRD or aFe intake with a TBS on a TRD Supercharger.

G

wlylwinstin182

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. My X actually isn't supercharged though. Stock engine for me.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
The TRD supercharger does not move the throttle body (if it does not really by much), the stock intake bolts up to it fine (so it cant be off by that much).

The APR 7th injector is essentially a TB Spacer, the TRD intake tube fits with a 7th installed.

The only thing a TB spacer is good for is a nitrous nozzle. :laugh:

Top Bottom