Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

throwout bearing

808swbxrunah

Reaction score
hey guys not new to the forum but just refound the love for my x so i decided to join the forum again. anyone get the throwout bearing fixed with the urd kit? what do you think it would cost to install?

thanks

butters607

Reaction score
Well to install maybe around 150 I woupd do it for 150 anyway lol..

808swbxrunah

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have the equipment to do the install my self otherwise id to ally do it. So i going to have to get a mechanic to do it. Just wanted to know how much everyone else has paid so I don't get ripped off

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
If your gonna pay a shop to do it you may as well upgrade your clutch and flywheel at the same time. They have to drop the trans to do the throw out so may as well upgrade everything all at once and save on labour charges down the road.

justin13703

Reaction score
It's not gonna be cheap. Call around and ask what labor rates are at different shops. I know the dealership here charges 96 an hour and just to pull and reinstall a trans they charge 10 hrs. So expect anywhere from about 400 on the low end to almost 1k. Like slywhitty said if you're gonna pay someone that much labor you might as well have a new clutch and flywheel put in at the same time

06 xrunner

Reaction score
I did mine a few months back and followed a writeup on here it wasn't too difficult. .if you have a way to borrow tools id recommend that otherwise gonna drsin your pocket a bit goin to a shop

808swbxrunah

Reaction score
I did mine a few months back and followed a writeup on here it wasn't too difficult. .if you have a way to borrow tools id recommend that otherwise gonna drsin your pocket a bit goin to a shop

if i paid you would you do it?

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Your in Hawaii right? Post up in the Hawaii or whatever is local to you section. I'm sure there will be someone that can help ya. I'd be happy to help ya as well. I'll be swapping my clutch in the next few weeks lol. But like 06xrunner I'm in Canada as well lol. Well. Now I have an idea. For the price it would cost at a shop you could buy me a plane ticket!! Lol

06 xrunner

Reaction score
Your in Hawaii right? Post up in the Hawaii or whatever is local to you section. I'm sure there will be someone that can help ya. I'd be happy to help ya as well. I'll be swapping my clutch in the next few weeks lol. But like 06xrunner I'm in Canada as well lol. Well. Now I have an idea. For the price it would cost at a shop you could buy me a plane ticket!! Lol

Haha thats a great idea I'd be down for that too lol

lamia2super

Reaction score
dont feel bad if your not going to swap out your clutch. my throw bearing also went bad, but my clutch is holding up fine so i dont think i'll be changing it

boxerpicker

Reaction score
if you guys in seattle. i have a shop that i can do it for 50 an hour.
i looked up on labor and its 4 hour of work so it will cost you $200 to have me to do it for you

AbunaiXR

Reaction score
i would highly suggest going out to the meet on sunday, meeting some guys and ask around if anyone can help. im sure theres a few guys up for the challenge to help you.

06 xrunner

Reaction score
i looked up on labor and its 4 hour of work so it will cost you $200 to have me to do it for you

2 hours seems pretty quick lol..it took me a lot longer than that but I did it in my driveway and took my time lol.

808swbxrunah

Reaction score

i am in seattle and would be down to do that just need to order the parts. wheres this shop at?

i would highly suggest going out to the meet on sunday, meeting some guys and ask around if anyone can help. im sure theres a few guys up for the challenge to help you.

Miss all those meets in hawaii(dont live there no more):thumbdown:

Last edited:

boxerpicker

Reaction score
i am in seattle and would be down to do that just need to order the parts. wheres this shop at?

Miss all those meets in hawaii(dont live there no more):thumbdown:

message me when youre ready. :top:
its my personal shop and also trying to open business in like a year or two. you can check our facebook page. facebook.com/ClearViewGarage

Brianburkhart1

Reaction score
I think my bearing is going bad it shimmys on take off from dead stop....so would that be my throw out bearing?

Top Bottom