Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ticket for tint

Murderface

Reaction score
So I've had my wife's 2012 Camry V6 SE tinted since august(for free). She just went thru a check point for inspections and got nabbed for front window tint for $54. She wants me to take it off but for $54, not having paid for the tint plus we could get away with this for who knows how long? I know that if it wasn't for the check point she wouldn't have got the ticket first of all.

So should I keep it on and risk another $54 or take it off and take my chances? It just looks so good with the 35% all around with 50% on the whole windshield which wasn't seen btw

How much is a tint ticket in ur state?
2C16D513-38CF-438A-989D-2D9328D45E5B-2440-000002BC6B82CCE9.jpg

CD5B9994-883C-426B-A117-CD4B02D9CE50-2440-000002BC8A62F790.jpg

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
John, each fine is $115. Going to court this Friday to see what happens. and mind u i got 4 of em.

Murderface

Reaction score
Holey Schnikies!! Well I talked my wife into keeping the tint on. If we get another the tint comes off

RRCanuck

Reaction score
Holey Schnikies!! Well I talked my wife into keeping the tint on. If we get another the tint comes off

Thats what I would do. If you end up getting another ticket just cruising around next time, you know its bound to happen again sooner or later.

SethXR1990

Reaction score
I got one in cali for 195.xx thats how much my ticket was i didnt even get a fix it ticket :dontknow:

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
I got 12 in the front & 5 in all the back windows n never been pulled over for it howeverrrr i got pulled over for blue led tag light bulbs lol

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
IMO from a safety standpoint front tint is retarded!! I do a lot of night driving so I could never justify it....

dpartinvr4

Reaction score
Does she wear glass? I got a script for front window tint from my optometrist for "headaches", and they say ok if you keep the script in the Glove box

Murderface

Reaction score
IMO from a safety standpoint front tint is retarded!! I do a lot of night driving so I could never justify it....

Cory maybe someday u will know what ur talkin about, 50% isn't noticeable it's more for UV and heat deflection.

Now if ur talking about OP and his dark ass windshield tint then yes it's retarded

Does she wear glass? I got a script for front window tint from my optometrist for "headaches", and they say ok if you keep the script in the Glove box

We both wear glasses and the sun gives me mind grains, I just need to go to the doc but I don't know how to approach them about getting the script

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
So I've had my wife's 2012 Camry V6 SE tinted since august(for free). She just went thru a check point for inspections and got nabbed for front window tint for $54. She wants me to take it off but for $54, not having paid for the tint plus we could get away with this for who knows how long? I know that if it wasn't for the check point she wouldn't have got the ticket first of all.

So should I keep it on and risk another $54 or take it off and take my chances? It just looks so good with the 35% all around with 50% on the whole windshield which wasn't seen btw

How much is a tint ticket in ur state?
2C16D513-38CF-438A-989D-2D9328D45E5B-2440-000002BC6B82CCE9.jpg

CD5B9994-883C-426B-A117-CD4B02D9CE50-2440-000002BC8A62F790.jpg

http://www.nj.gov/mvc/Licenses/sunscreening.htm :top:

Done.

That is how I get away with it, works every time (I have extreme solar sensitivity).

I run 5% all around; I have no issues driving at night.

5litermoose1.jpg

Just saying...

Last edited:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score

I find it much easier to drive at night WITH tint. Not getting blinded by glare from other drivers, street lights, etc. Especially in the rain. +1 for tinted windows in my book.

Murderface

Reaction score
Not sure, I have none of those listed diseases for NJ neither does my wife. I do get mind grains but not sure that will fly......guess it can't hurt to ask

OOsoBlueX09

Reaction score
I found the exemption for Va but its only up to 35%. When I got ticketed the cop told me my fronts were around 15.

And your best bet is to go with headaches. If u have blue eyes push that it's been proven that people with blue eyes are more sensitive to light.

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
i got a tint ticket in my bmw when i had 5% all around never took it off just paid 70 for the ticket and that was the end of it-

got my truck on sept, tinting it was my 1st mod done, got 20% in the front and stock in the back, i just love it 2 front windows cost $59 but gave the guy 70 with tip for doing a good job at not getting my ride dirty and working carefully in it (unlike some places you go to and their shoes leave marks all over and their dirty fingers) but i've been driving it like that been pulled over 3 times now (only got 1 speeding ticket, and a fix it for the license plate) but i always just put the windows down when piggies are around and ive been pretty lucky so far...if anything ever happens i would just leave it and pay the ticket, im a rebel and police wont make me change my truck. :top:

oh and clean CAMRY btw

Last edited:

NODRULN

Reaction score
Keep the tint **** the police. I have 5% all around plus a 5% tint bar twice the length the legal limit. And its just 20$

Workman3886

Reaction score
I need to get tint, eventually, but I don't know how dark I want to go, our trucks already stick out like a sore thumb!

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
ILL post for all the hawaii guys since u guys r wondering what the ticket is from state to state! rules are:
1) front windshield on ALL vehicles must be 70% or higher
2) other windows:
for cars - everything must be 35% or higher
for trucks, vans, suvs - driver n passenger must be 35% (everything else can be whatever)
3) the fine for ILLEGAL tint is $289 PER window!!! so (for ex. if u have a car with 20% all around, #of windows, most cars would be 5, x 289 = $1,445 in tint alone) i mean most cops will charge u for one or two, very rarely they will hit u for every single window, but i believe according to the law, they should fine/ticket per windows ANNND baby/triangle windows (u know the small one that dont move,) can be considered another window too, i believe!!!

Top Bottom