Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

time to replace trd bbk rotors and pads

jncomatrix

Reaction score
I have the trd bbk on my x. It has 55000 on the truck and the kit was installed on the truck at the port before delivery. They have always squeaked since I have had the truck. Well its time for new rotors and pads.

Anyone know the part numbers to the trd rotors and pads the kit comes with? prices?

Anyone recommend other slotted/crossdrilled rotors and pads to work with the trd bbk?

thanks in advance.

XDsm

Reaction score
You need new rotors at 55k? Are they really warped or something? You could probably get by with just a pad change. The squeaking is par for the course with the BBK. People state that doing the break in procedure again helps get rid of the squeak, but due to the nature of the beast you will get squeak again. It's the pad compound.

07SWB

Reaction score
just so youre aware, the factory TRD BBK pads are $112 list price.. Those suckers are expensive..

As for rotors, have yours turned and you should be good to go. Unless you do some hardcore braking or have been running metal to metal, turning the rotors will be just fine.

Gadget

Reaction score
You can get those pads and parts from a company called Pro-Parts. They are the largest reseller of StopTech brakes now. I got my last set of pads and rotors from them. I doubt you need new rotors.

Gadget

BlackCat

Reaction score
As an alternative, you can also get a set of EBC YellowStuff pads for the TRD BBK. THe part number is in my mods list. I've found they pump out about half of less of the amount of brake dust as the TRD pads with no noticeable loss of braking power.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
The squeak is classic, you cant get away from it and i am going to try to ebc yellows when i am up for a change becuase blackcat swears by them and i just noticed that you finally got a toneau cover, did you get that one from metalheadx

Deviant

Reaction score
If you need new rotors at only 55k that's really messed up. The BBK's are performance minded, so it will be a lot more noisy then a stock brake system is, but that doesn't mean the rotors are messed up. If anything just replace your pads if as that will probably be running low on meat

Hi_On_X

Reaction score
Try finding out the minimum limits (specs) of the rotors and use micrometer to measure it, if its within the limits, just get the rotors cuts at a shop......

I think your rotors are still good, just need it to be cut.....

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
This always happens! He still never had all his questions answered! He was asking for Part numbers for the TRD BBK rotors

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Good to know, isn't this in the sticky under the BBK brake kit parts? If not those numbers should be stickied

sonic555u

Reaction score
measurments

i believe the min spec is 30mm but i have the 32x355 stoptech bbk the trd is 32x332 it may be different.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Your not going to find many bbk that will fit inside a 16" wheel. I went with Gilberto's bbk just waiting to get off work soon enough so I can go pick up brackets from the stupid post office so I can install everything. Should have a full review with pics after this weekend.

Reaction score
Your not going to find many bbk that will fit inside a 16" wheel. I went with Gilberto's bbk just waiting to get off work soon enough so I can go pick up brackets from the stupid post office so I can install everything. Should have a full review with pics after this weekend.
I haven't found any at all... I know nascar rims aint that big, and they have great brakes...

x-runner kid

Reaction score
Actually the brakes on a nascar car suck balls. They are grossly underpowered. Mostly because those cars are not made to stop they are made to run at top speed for long periods of time.

SgtBadA

Reaction score
Having good duct work will help the rotors cool off more effectively and reduce the brake fade.

x-runner kid

Reaction score
I always have thought if someone had a X that was strictly tracked or frequently tracked, that it would be pretty cool to use the fog light holes as brake cooling hose inlets.

Reaction score
Actually the brakes on a nascar car suck balls. They are grossly underpowered. Mostly because those cars are not made to stop they are made to run at top speed for long periods of time.

I'm almost sure they could outdo my prerunner advance auto brakes???

Top Bottom