Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Towing the X?

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Gonna be hauling my truck about 3 hours from home to do my motor swap. Was planning on using a trailer bit may have to use a car dolly now. Need to know if I need to disconnect the driveshaft or not b4 towing. I've heard different people say different things about but I want to be sure. I don't need any other troubles b4 I do my motor. Any input is greatly appreciated!!:canada:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Honestly, Id say if you had it in neutral, you'd be fine..... cruising at any speed you plan on towing with should be no different than driving that speed in the truck. :top:

08x

Reaction score
neutral with the back tires off the ground and i belive and dont lock the steering wheel and ull be all set

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Tow from the back, neutral, and make sure the steering is locked. you won't believe how many tow drivers don't do that in my away. If anything I would demand a flat bed but thats me.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
get a car carrier and you have no worries

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
get a car carrier and you have no worries

My grandfather has a dolly and it's free. That's why I going that route. I was pretty sure neutral was fine. Just heard people mention the driveshaft thing. So I thought I would ask. I think it's geared more towards automatic vehicles.

darthyota

Reaction score
like already said tow it from the rear and make sure the sterring is locked in the straight position

Grumpy

Reaction score
To tow properly, you'll need a boosted DJM-equipped X-Runner . . . . and a helmet! :rockon:
104_3649.jpg

x20Runner05

Reaction score
Put it on a flatbed wrecker or car trailer. I would suggest from expeience working on cars. That is last mistake you want is a torn up differential or whatever towing it. Spend the extra cash n be safe with it.

Toon714

Reaction score
^^ LMAO wow wat an idiots thats towing. speeding around a corner. LOL
looked like they were on a roller coaster of hell! ahha

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Haha what a bunch of idiots, "hit the de-accelerator" really come on haha

blastap

Reaction score
Neutral is fine, I towed Mickeys truck and it lived through it. We had fun that weekend ehh guys...

Top Bottom