Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Toyota Car Show (come check it out if your not busy)

XPC_XR

Reaction score
Well my car club is having our 2nd car show. We are sponsored by Penske Toyota in Downey and thought some of your guys may want to check it out.

Im on the committee and tried to get more slots for some X's but I got my truck to late in the planning stages. So I just barely got my X in, the only other truck is my friends SC'd 4Runner. It should be a cool time, I will be pushing for trucks the next show (the 1st show no trucks bothered to register even when we posted on TS and others).

Heres out flyer, there will be In-N-Out and Power 106 will be there live with the music, I like more rock myself but oh well, haha.

FLYER1.jpg

Oh and if any of you would be interested in showing at the next show let me know. If there is interest I can get some spots for the next one.

XPC_XR

Reaction score
Oh Im going to try to atleast do some of the DIY mods.. hopefully.

Also, anyone know a good priced place to go to get my truck detailed before the show?

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
hey thats the corolla from team sadistic ... man they got some nice A$$ cars ... the supercharged celica ... the evo ... gah ... i always see them around my area ... one of the best teams out there ... what kinda mods you gonna be doing???

XDsm

Reaction score
I bought my truck at Penske in Downey. Maybe I will come so they can fix my squeaky ass clutch pedal while I check out the show:laugh:

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
hahaha get that squeak fixed Nigel ... when i had that it bugged the hell out of me ... :laugh:

XDsm

Reaction score
hahaha get that squeak fixed Nigel ... when i had that it bugged the hell out of me ... :laugh:

:laugh:problem is the damn thing only creaks and groans in hot dry weather. So I have to wait until the hot dry weather comes back to take it in. I don't want to go to the dealer on a day like today when it doesn't make much noise and look crazy haha. Besides in a couple weeks I won't be able to hear any rattles or creaks inside anyway, well besides the ones caused by my music:biggrin:

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
hahahaha ... so yer finally gotta get all the goodies installed :top: ... i gotta check it out ... so if i get the pioneer ... how much would you charge for install ... since i remember you used to do that kinda stuff ...

*Edit*
i got mine fixed around december ... but i drove the truck kinda hard before i took it in ... since i was coming from buena park to El monte ... so by the time i got to Longo ... the clutch was hot and squeeking

XDsm

Reaction score
hahahaha ... so yer finally gotta get all the goodies installed :top: ... i gotta check it out ... so if i get the pioneer ... how much you charge for install ... since i remember you used to do that kinda stuff

Yep finally got everything. Picked up the wiring on Saturday from a buddy of mine who gave me a hookup. I'm just waiting for my navigation right now to come back from Pioneer for servicing. They've had it a week so it should be done soon. I am looking to install not this weekend but next:rock:

As long as you have a place to install I will come by and help you install, no charge:top:

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
Yep finally got everything. Picked up the wiring on Saturday from a buddy of mine who gave me a hookup. I'm just waiting for my navigation right now to come back from Pioneer for servicing. They've had it a week so it should be done soon. I am looking to install not this weekend but next:rock:

As long as you have a place to install I will come by and help you install, no charge:top:

good shizzle ... but i to give you some kinda payback... its only fair ... well im not gonna get the pioneer for another 2 months (after all construction is done at my house) ... so i will let you know bro :top:

xtoplinex

Reaction score
:laugh:problem is the damn thing only creaks and groans in hot dry weather. So I have to wait until the hot dry weather comes back to take it in. I don't want to go to the dealer on a day like today when it doesn't make much noise and look crazy haha. Besides in a couple weeks I won't be able to hear any rattles or creaks inside anyway, well besides the ones caused by my music:biggrin:

DUDE!!!! SAME FOR ME!!!! AHHHHH!!! I went to the dealer so that they can check the clutch (the weather was cold that day), but when I get there the squeak goes away....I'm like WTF!!!!!! And I tell the guy at the dealer that I could have sworn I heard some •XR•XR•XR•XR comming from my clutch...and the guy go...yeah..ah ha..ok...BS...OMG I get soooo pissed. :motz:

....but than he check it....and it's still not fixed..:laugh:

bartkwan

Reaction score
thats cool man, i might show up, how will we know who's from xr-u though?

XPC_XR

Reaction score
hey thats the corolla from team sadistic ... man they got some nice A$$ cars ... the supercharged celica ... the evo ... gah ... i always see them around my area ... one of the best teams out there ... what kinda mods you gonna be doing???

Yeah MArcus has a sweet corolla. When we had the sound compition at our last show his rear window was movin, lol. :rock: Oh and the celica, thats once of my fav cars in their group, the owner is Virgil. :top:

Well today I ordered the 5 piece billet grill and plan to paint it black and Im getting tint tommorow. I want to do the black headlight mod but im nervous, I was the same way when I did my Corolla's headlights but I paint matched those with my friend helping.

Has anyone made like a mini poster saying XR-Underground.com on it or something? I could print one on a piece of computer paper and have it out there..

Top Bottom