Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Train horn!

Zibilich

Reaction score
I got my train horn kit in from horn blasters yesterday, and am having trouble finding some spots to mount everything. Looks like the bells will fit right behind the grille. But that leave the compressor and tank to be mounted elsewhere.

Anyone have any experience installing train horns on these trucks?

Zibilich

Reaction score
Quick question, would the horns block to much air for the supercharger? If not that is the route im going!

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
They won't block too much air, didn't see that you had the s/c I am thinking that there isn't enough room with the heat exchanger.... I was under the impression that it wouldn't fit....

For both our sakes I hope it fits

Zibilich

Reaction score
Yea i was thinking the same thing, looks to be enough room but not exactly sure! i should be test fitting this evening....

kayo808

Reaction score
I have mines mounted under my truck. My horns are where the spare tire goes and my friend mounted my tank and compressor kine of by the xbrace. I didnt want to mount my horns in the front cuz people would be able to see them and didnt want cops to see them also.

Gunslinger

Reaction score
Yeah..do keep in mind that these are technically a no-no for public highway use.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Haha I dunno whatcha talkin bout Gilly... Train horns are tough:crinklehair:

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Relocated the stock horns behind the rad support

FNMFER

Reaction score
yo i have my train horns for over 2 years already, i have my horns mounted where the spare tire is mounted, relocated my spare to the bed of the truck and secured it with a bolt. the compressor is in the left side compartment and the tank is located right under that compartment. no probs with those locatios for everything. my spare is out in plain view this whole time and no one ever tried to rip it off. it is secured to the bed by a bolt that goes through the center of the bed. i will post pics if you want.

Zibilich

Reaction score
Post some pics of the underneath!

I was under the impression that you couldnt mount the tank upside down, so i tried to mount it right side up to the driver side compartment and it wouldnt fit up in the hole. I picked up another compartment at pull a part so im going to figure something out soon!

Top Bottom