Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

transmission bell housing

Reaction score
pulled my trany to find a crack on the cone the throwout berring rides on. anyone have a bell housing laying around.

Reaction score
179,000 miles & counting thought about taking it by the local dealer to see if they will warrentee it. :top:

Red_Hott

Reaction score
i got an 02 civic with 210,000 i thought that was a lot of miles in that time span...but 179,000 in 3 years....WOW!!!!....thats averaging right at 60,000 a year 5,000 a month....thats some serious driving

Coupe

Reaction score
I would hit the salvage yards. There are a couple on ebay you could send an email is see if they have what you want.

Reaction score
im moving this to the regular forum

well I was thinking about it last night & my truck came with a lifetime powertrain warrentee. now im wondering if it will cover the houseing.
so my choices.

1.call the dealer explain what I found set up an apointment to take the transmission in for them to look at?

2. I put it back together drive to the dealer & drop off for service of the throwout bearing & grinding second which happens once daily?

Grumpy

Reaction score
Never hurt to try....but chances are they'll gonna you to pick up the tab.

Pic of this problem?

Top Bottom