Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD push button ignition

S7ICKlVlAN

Reaction score
Was messing around on eBay and ran across this. Being that it was 10x the cost of most push button :stupid: start options, I decided to look around the net and find other sources......CAME UP WITH NOTHING!?!?! :frown: I guess it's a hard to get part from Japan. I'd love to hook this up in my Taco. All the posts I found on this were at least a couple years old. If any of you XRU members got one and wired it in....fess up with lots of pics please!

$(KGrHqRHJFYE88fNMfzEBPZF1zK5Eg~~60_1.JPG

STONER-X

Reaction score
well the thing with the way our ignition is set up you would still need the key for the steering lock... so really it would be pointless..

unless you grabbed all the parts out of a car that has it... then you are talking some cash to set it up..

but yes it would be sweet!!

Last edited:

S7ICKlVlAN

Reaction score
Yeah I was reading about it on a couple of forums as well. Sounds like a lot of trouble and I'm no electronics expert. Was hoping someone had figured out a DIY in the last couple of years. That little button is sick!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I wish myself. I actually have this stainless button with a blue led. I have been wanting to install
for a couple years...

S7ICKlVlAN

Reaction score
:( ah well, back to looking at stuff that will make me go faster, sound cooler, or possibly log a slightly better mpg. :D

eltus

Reaction score
Was messing around on eBay and ran across this. Being that it was 10x the cost of most push button :stupid: start options, I decided to look around the net and find other sources......CAME UP WITH NOTHING!?!?! :frown: I guess it's a hard to get part from Japan. I'd love to hook this up in my Taco. All the posts I found on this were at least a couple years old. If any of you XRU members got one and wired it in....fess up with lots of pics please!

$(KGrHqRHJFYE88fNMfzEBPZF1zK5Eg~~60_1.JPG

that looks like the stock button on the new scion tc release series 7
http://www.scion.com/rstc/

S7ICKlVlAN

Reaction score
^^^ Aye good find bro...you're right. That's the same button. Maybe we'll be able to get our hands on it a lot cheaper now. Then it can sit in my closet for 2 years cause I won't know how to install it anyway. LOL

Moneyblind

Reaction score
This thread actually got me thinking on an install for this; Definatly doable, but how doable is just the question, hardest part would be authenticating, (AKA RFID Keyfob) but in all honesty, I think I will tackle this and do a write-up for everyone. Cant guerentee anything as of now, but electronics are my niche.

S7ICKlVlAN

Reaction score
I promise if you lead the way on this I might follow. Hehehe

Naw seriously, if someone a little better with electronics does this, Imma definitely jump in.

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Im going to start on it tommorow; Ill take it in stages; But I pretty much have the whole thing planned out in my head.

CBRBob

Reaction score
the way our ignition is set up you would still need the key for the steering lock... so really it would be pointless..

Amen to that. Unless people just want to put the button on the dash and have people think it works..... :stupid:

Murderface

Reaction score
I always wanted to wire up the Converter button to be the starter button. Wire it up so that u still use the key for ACC and steering lock but then jump the starter wire over to the converter button. This way only u know how to start it

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
I wanted this but seemed like too much trouble! And the key is immobilizer anyway

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Our trucks should have had this from factory... hell even my Auntie's Corolla Le has keyless entry with a push start.

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
The honda s 2000 uses the key and the button, I don't know why people say it would be pointless? I think its pretty bad ass

eltus

Reaction score
I always wanted to wire up the Converter button to be the starter button. Wire it up so that u still use the key for ACC and steering lock but then jump the starter wire over to the converter button. This way only u know how to start it

all the wires from the stock ignition switch should be able to be swapped over, one push of the button should go into acc, and one push+brake should start(I had an 2010 altima and that is how it worked on it) Then the rest should be a matter of removing the steering column lock or finding one that fits that works on the same principle as that of the scion tc or the new camry or corolla.

I think we r making good grounds on this possible mod....

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Exactly, I have pretty much figured out the two main issues.....

I have my steering column disassembled and am pretty damn sure the locked steering wheel problem is solved, if I can just get this damn cylinder out.....arggg.... Also, the RFID authenticator problem is actually easily solved. Just get a stealership to program a basic RFID to your car, and then tuck it inside a button cover for your keyhole, and BAM, insta RFID recognition for the starter system.

If anyone has insight on removing the ignition cylinder, please post in my thread about it. I am pretty sure I can take care of it with only 1 cent of material :)

I bet I can figure this mod out.

Aww your stealing my thunder man! :p Here is what i figured out so far. Remote starts do the EXACT same thing, just with anti-theft measures built in; So we emulate a remote start setup but of course eleminate the RF keypress. substituting for a switch and relay.

Top Bottom