Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trd supercharger update

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
not If Its Connected To A Tundra Motor And A Wheel Tubbed 9" Narrowed Ford 4 Poiint Connected Rear End In My X!

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
POINT TAKEN UTIX,SHOULD ASK RICKY MY SUPER MECH OR BETTER YET CALL BOB AT TRD AND ASK HIM BOUT MID MILEAGE INSTALL OF S/C WHAT THE RISK FACTOR IS.MINE IS PRETTY WELL MAINTAINED AND NOT RAGGED ON LIKE SOME OTHER I HAVE HEARD COMMENTED ON HERE.:top:

Spyder327

Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet that your motor would be just fine if you put the S/C on even with that amount of mileage. What i would recommend though is that you get a knock light along with the kit like i have so that you'll know if the kit has the high gear low rpm knock like the older S/C kits had.

trd_sport

Reaction score
Motor should be fine if it well maintaned, but the more moving parts you have the more problems that could potentially happen. Some people put a s/c on an engine with high mileage and never have a problem, others seem to never have anything go right. I have 6ok on my engine, and I'm still planning on forced induction, but it will mean I will have to be more vigilant and monitor everything in order to avoid a serious problem.:top:

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
good point Trd ,at any rate still wish I had held back the cake now for it. but still would go for it i guess.:top:

FuCt

Reaction score
I read the trd s/c requires premium gas, is that true for the URD s/c aswell? Im interesting in seeing which one gets better milage and by how much.

Scratchy

Reaction score
Hey Dog, if you are worried about installing a s/c on your engine after 52k, what are your expectations of overall mileage on a 1GR? It sounds like you're only expecting 100K from this engine :dontknow: ?

I dunno what the life expectancy is for our motors, but I would expect at least 200k on a conservatively driven well maintained engine?
I had 100k miles on my old '91 Toyota 4x2 22re when I sold it lasy year, and the motor was still like new. No smoke, no oil consumption, but then this is a totally different beast.

Personally I wouldn't have a second thought putting the TRD s/c on my motor with "only" 52K on the clock.

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
I read the trd s/c requires premium gas, is that true for the URD s/c aswell? Im interesting in seeing which one gets better milage and by how much.
URD Superchargers require premium fuel also, I would think that there would not be a lot of difference in fuel mileage between both supercharges, but then again it all depends on how it is tuned and mapped out

utixrunner

Reaction score

any forced induction engine should be run on premium gas

Scratchy

Reaction score
I found this info on a site linked on the Eaton website.
It appears the reason TRD S/C only gives 30% increase in power is due to the huge amount of power used to turn this huffer:

mp90g2.jpg

With a 2 to 1 drive ratio, the charger sucks 20Hp off the crank at redline.
I wonder what the Rotrex uses?

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
I hope they offer a smaller pulley to get to 8.5psi. I think they said its gonna be at 7psi when they install it. :dontknow:

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
there you go,you wait to get this because you don't want to void the engine warranty and now your gonna go do this and god knows what happens, then its gonna be ,"gee don't know how it happened" then blam your out 4500.oo bucks or more when yota finds out ya modded the s/c with a smaller pulley.:laugh:

Spyder327

Reaction score
I hope they offer a smaller pulley to get to 8.5psi. I think they said its gonna be at 7psi when they install it. :dontknow:

6.5psi is what i read. And i bet that kit stopped at 6.5psi for a reason.

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
thank you spyder for chiming in.:top: besides it will be like yota to make some weird sized pulley connection that noone else uses to prevent you from doing just that :top: anyways!

Super Werty

Reaction score
6.5psi is what i read. And i bet that kit stopped at 6.5psi for a reason.

what reason would that be?

I've seen alot of 4.0 ford rangers with the m90 s/c, some guys are pushing 9.0 psi...and I believe one is at 11psi

Spyder327

Reaction score
what reason would that be?

I've seen alot of 4.0 ford rangers with the m90 s/c, some guys are pushing 9.0 psi...and I believe one is at 11psi

It has nothing to do with the blower, it's our engines. They weren't exactly made for high boost

Top Bottom