Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Trutrac lsd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toon714

Reaction score
Brand new trutrac lsd for sell. 400 shipped.
2012-02-08134853.jpg

2012-02-08134915.jpg

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
What is pictured is just the LSD. That is independent of the ring and pinion. You would bolt up you own to it.

BradyT88

Reaction score
What is pictured is just the LSD. That is independent of the ring and pinion. You would bolt up you own to it.

x2! It can work for any gear ratio. The gear ratio is determined by the ring and pinion not the LSD.

Reaction score
Like I said, might be a dumb question but thought i would adk. Thanks. I just learned something new today.

absolut

Reaction score
another dump qustion, wat is the benifit of this lsd?

rennurx

Reaction score
Damn another part I want. Just at the wrong time D;

BradyT88

Reaction score
More power and traction when cornering and hard tack offs. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Yep! If one tire starts to spin the LSD will put power to the other tire. The Trutrac is very good at this too. No more one tire fires on takeoff.

Edgeman

Reaction score
I thought this is great for drag racing but isn't it a little problem with cornering?

Believe you're confusing a LSD with a "locker." LSDs gradually increase torque to the "slower" wheel, where a locker engages 100% torque to both wheels instantly. There is no gradual torque sharing...once second you're driving an "open" differential, then next you are 100% locked. That's OK for a drag strip or off-road, but you don't want to be rolling around a curve (especially on a wet surface) and have your locker engage when you didn't expect it.

Toyota installed two different types of LSD in X-Runners. From 05-08, Toyota installed a "clutch type" LSD. Starting in 09, Toyota switched to an electronic "brake based" LSD. Clutch type LSD apply friction to clutch discs to gradually increase torque to the slower wheel. The brake based system selectively applies brakes to individual wheels to stop wheel spin (I don't think they're designed to send more torque to the slower wheel.)

The LSD listed is a "gear type," and different from the two above. It uses helical gears to shift torque to the slower wheel. Not sure how the engagement feel compares to a clutch type, so I'll have to defer to someone who has driven both to compare. I wouldn't change out my clutch type diff for a gear type (I'll just rebuild it when it eventually wears out), but if I had a 09 or newer X-Runner, I would definitely consider upgrading...

FireB

Reaction score
Can anyone on the forum confirm with me that we have the 8.4 inch rear and this item would fit the X-Runner Rear?
I called Eaton up and they are unfortunately on a vacation......
Love to purchase it but proves no point if it does not fit.

I looked all over for the Part#913A541 and it is for Tacoma but does not specify for X-Runner....

Just called up and one of the rep told me that the Dif I have for the 2008 model has the size of 8.25 inch and not 8.4 inch so it would not fit.... I don't know how much truth this is but that's the answer I got.

Anyone else can confirm with me that this will or will not fit?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sdxrunner has posted the info before. So has Gadget. I just don't remember where.

You can also call Joe Meyers Toyota here in Houston. Ask for Omar in the parts department. He can set you straight as well.

X-roller

Reaction score
Can anyone on the forum confirm with me that we have the 8.4 inch rear and this item would fit the X-Runner Rear?
I called Eaton up and they are unfortunately on a vacation......
Love to purchase it but proves no point if it does not fit.

I looked all over for the Part#913A541 and it is for Tacoma but does not specify for X-Runner....

Just called up and one of the rep told me that the Dif I have for the 2008 model has the size of 8.25 inch and not 8.4 inch so it would not fit.... I don't know how much truth this is but that's the answer I got.

Anyone else can confirm with me that this will or will not fit?

you have an 8.4" if you have a stock x-runner. thats standard on all x-runners

FireB

Reaction score
Thanks all, I think I am gonna buy this for my future mods.

Is there anything else that I should get while I am disassembling the diff housing?
I wanna make sure that I have everything so that my tranny guy can whip this thing out in 1 day instead of..... "ohhh, you didn't have this parts so we couldn't finish it" type of ending...

Thanks all!

FireB

Reaction score
Toon, you need to clear out your mail so I can send you more info to ya.
I keep on getting bounced back with full email on your end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom