Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TSB: Cab Mount Noise Improvement ('05 only)

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Cab Mount Noise Improvement TSB :top:

Attachments

• untitled (Large).JPG
    untitled (Large).JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 243
  • 2 (Large).JPG
    2 (Large).JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 3 (Large).JPG
    3 (Large).JPG
    53 KB · Views: 203
  • 4 (Large).JPG
    4 (Large).JPG
    26 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
Ok, Here is my rant! I took my truck into the dealership Wednesday night for them to complete the TSB: Cab Mount Noise Improvement on Thursday. My service advisor told me it would be done by 1:30, I was cool with that as I get out of work at 3:30. I had my wife drop me off at the dealership and sent her home thinking I would grab the keys and go. I look for my advisor and he is not there, a female advisor was taking over for him in his absence, she found my ticket but could not find my key. She asked if I could wait while she investigated further, I go outside to see if my truck was in a service bay still being worked on......my truck was nowhere to be found! She finally tells me I found your truck........it's at the body shop. I said WHAT? she said they had to take it over there to do the cab mounts and they had to remove the bed and move gas lines blah blah blah. I quickly showed her the TSB that states it should take 1.5 hours and nowhere does it refer to removing the bed. She said they have been working on it for 4+ hours already. So she said it won't be done tonight and to comeback tomorrow. I never got a call informing me not to come in! WTF? I am not even sure what the bleep they are doing to my truck! This bleeping sucks!

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Actually they do have to remove the cab, it says on page 3 of the TSB that the cab has to be lifted off the frame 2"s :top:

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
Actually they do have to remove the cab, it says on page 3 of the TSB that the cab has to be lifted off the frame 2"s :top:
I saw where they would have to lift the cab but why do they have to remove the bed too? Clearance issues? That is what I don't get and the advisor couldn't tell me.

VaBchXRunner

"The Bargain Baron"
Reaction score
u need to talk to the service MANAGER:top: answers answers

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
That job only pays 1.5 and there is no way you have to pull the bed to do this TSB, you can basically remove the cab mount bolts lift the cab a little to get the mounts out and install the new and tighten, that dealership is making a big deal out of it, that's insane

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
That job only pays 1.5 and there is no way you have to pull the bed to do this TSB, you can basically remove the cab mount bolts lift the cab a little to get the mounts out and install the new and tighten, that dealership is making a big deal out of it, that's insane

That's exactly how I feel! I will talk to the service manager tomorrow.

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I know how you feel, i have has nothing but complaints from desert toyota, saw your truck last night, looked good as usual, i forgot you dropped it off after closing, thought it might be someone elses x, i myself am thinking about going to precision next.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I saw where they would have to lift the cab but why do they have to remove the bed too? Clearance issues? That is what I don't get and the advisor couldn't tell me.

Opps... i miss read your post and thought you said they told you they had to remove the cab.. haha, i understand your rant know... thats b.s. :dontknow:

xrunnerdude67

Reaction score
Hey Jason, how many miles do you have on your X? I have more than 36k, but was wondering if they will still fix it.

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
Hey Jason, how many miles do you have on your X? I have more than 36k, but was wondering if they will still fix it.
I have 35k and change and bought it in Feb 05 so I am barely under the warranty. According to the TSB you have to be within the 3 year 36k warranty. Unless you get some goodwill work I don't think they would do it under warranty. I would give it a shot though.

Murderface

Reaction score
i wonder if because i have the 100,000 mile bumper 2 bumper warranty i will be covered? just past 3 year by 10 days but with 37K

Stevenredx

Reaction score
i wonder if because i have the 100,000 mile bumper 2 bumper warranty i will be covered? just past 3 year by 10 days but with 37K

I would take it in and ask, it probably wouldn't be covered under your extended warranty but some dealers will do these as good will, especially since you just now went over the 3yr 36k mark. :top:

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
oh i have the 100,000 mile warranty too sweet im taking mine in and for the clutch squeek!

Top Bottom