Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TSB: Clutch Pedal Squeak Noise '05-'06

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
i have an o6 and when the TSB first came out i took my truck to the dealership and they fixed the squeak no questions asked. i don't understand toyota some times. they know that the 07-09 still have the same problem so why won't they add them to the TSB...oh i know why..its a way for them to make more money. lube works fine...i just preferred them to change it out completely...since i got it fixed which was over a year and a half ago i have never heard another peep out of the clutch pedal

morcheez

Reaction score
All the guys who arent included in the TSB (07+) I went to my dealer and they sprayed some lube on it, so far it has worked...

that will work for a little while...just their cheap way of getting you out of there

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
that's awesome bro. my friend has an 08 xr. he had the same exact squeak as i did. he told the mechanic that i had mine switch out there. so the mechanic didn't even add that to his bill(probably cause the mechanic, myself, and my boy troy are all from hawaii) talk to the mechanics and not the service reps. mechanics are more lenient and if you god a Bad *ss Truck the mechanics are more inclined to look under your hood and ask you questions.

I took my X in and even though it was out of the TSBs range, they did the same fix for me because it was still under warranty.:top:
http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=15503

ibreakstuff

Reaction score
Mine was driving me nuts, but I don't have time to take it to the dealer. I would have to put grease on it about every two weeks.

I sprayed some white lithium grease from Autozone in there about three months ago. Hasn't given me a problem yet.

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
You guys should try turning the shaft. Its pretty easy and it will do the trick. I tried using lube but it will come back. so far by just turning the shaft until it stops squeaking will fix it.:top:

Barcelona X

Reaction score
I took mine in and they replaced the pedal, a bushing and a clevis... not sure what a clevis is but thats what my paper says...LOL and for the best part..... i bet most if not all of the clutch pedals that you guys have when pressed just a little bit on the pedal it moves left and right a little bit... after the dealer fixed mine it doesnt do that anymore... only up and down.... So if you get it fixed make sure they replace those important parts..... If not just drop kick them in the head.... :top: just kidding....

G

gixxerman11

the fix has haelped fo about 2 months

and did it with my fingers:biggrin:

Barcelona X

Reaction score
well since my last post the creaking has returned... Toyota says the "expert" from Toyota will be in town on the 25th and he has to decide what to do.... What the hell does that mean? Fix the damn problem already..... My 07 X didnt have the problem... So what is so different from then till now?:dontknow:

Barcelona X

Reaction score
Try thsi one... it's literally a 13second fix... just twist the shaft.

Twisting the shaft does work for about 2 days or so depending on bumps in the road... LOL the creaking comes back... We shall see what they try and fix now....

daveczrn

Reaction score
well since my last post the creaking has returned... Toyota says the "expert" from Toyota will be in town on the 25th and he has to decide what to do.... What the hell does that mean? Fix the damn problem already..... My 07 X didnt have the problem... So what is so different from then till now?:dontknow:

I have the same problem with my 09. my 07 didn't have the problem either. My 09 does, they are replacing my clutch peddle tomarrow.

BlackCat

Reaction score
Twisting the shaft does work for about 2 days or so depending on bumps in the road... LOL the creaking comes back... We shall see what they try and fix now....

Hmmm... seems to be a lot of variation. Some people have done it and never had the creak come back, others had it return in a few days or weeks. I did it a month or so ago and it dissappeared and has so far stayed that way...

Then again, I may also be slightly tone deaf in that frequency range because I didn't notice it much until ICEMAN told me about it, he had to drive my X back to Tuc when we went upto Phx to pick up my car 2 mos ago.

TahoesHateMe

Reaction score
The noise comes from where the shaft to the clutch master rubs on the pedal. Use a white lithium grease (thick grease) and the noise will ago away. Takes 5 seconds to apply.

daveczrn

Reaction score
just got my truck back from the dealership.

mechanic found excessive clearance at pivot ball and bushings... replace pedal assembly.
They replaced
90387-08160 collar
90179-08254 nut
90105-08261 bolt, washer base
94623-10800 washer, plate
31321-52010 pad, pedal
31311-04011 pedal, clutch
90386-14015 bushing (2)

over all the pedal feels much smother with no drag on it at all.. it feels better than when it was new. AND NO SQUEAK OR CREEK....

but it seems they replaced everything but the master cyclinder.

Top Bottom