Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD Black Friday SPECIALS!!!!

wrmathis

Reaction score
UH60s is what I'm shooting for. Lots of cool places to go and I could still be around the IN community. The Army makes the call though, so fingers crossed! You prior service G? Not too many out there familiar with Rucker

I work on the ah64 apache. I know plenty about Rucker but never been. Also, choice will be made during training and it's based on class rank and acft slits available. Supposedly u can delay ur pick to get what u want. U just move up to the top of the list for the next selection if u defer.

neb

Reaction score
I work on the ah64 apache. I know plenty about Rucker but never been. Also, choice will be made during training and it's based on class rank and acft slits available. Supposedly u can delay ur pick to get what u want. U just move up to the top of the list for the next selection if u defer.

Thanks for the info! And thanks for what you do; maybe I'll be one of the lucky schmucks flying your bird one day heheh

hiflyer

Reaction score
hey Gadget

PLX DM-100

how hard is it to link up 3 of these together? As well as tie in a boost / AF sensor?

Gadget

Reaction score
The DM-100 is a display unit. Normally you would not hook one display to another. I think you can, but never seen it done.

What you would normally do it connect a bunch of different sensor modules to the display unit. Say, like, boost/vac, AFR, fluid pressure, fluid temp, EGT and so on.

Each display unit can accept data from 32 different sensor modules.

I just got a large shipment of the new DM-6/AFR combo. The new AFR module now has the sensor health monitor in it so you can set it to check the sensor and it will tell you how much life is left in the sensor and if it needs to be replaced. This works pretty slick because before there was no way to know.

I was there when this got filmed:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6uqOMI89pg[/ame]

hiflyer

Reaction score
thanks Gadget

lemme try to wrap my head around this :)

ok, so I owul dneed one each of the sensor modules
http://urdusa.com/Electronics-Wideb...iMFD-Sensor-Modules/c66_77_129_134/index.html

and then I can daisy-chain or group them into the 3 different displays I would want :)

ie:

Display 1
AFR
Intake Temp
EGT

Display 2
Fluid x2 sensor temp (pre and post intercooler)
oil pressure
fuel pressure (no sensor yet)

Display 3
Boost

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
I think you have it.

However; I would go with just two displays.

With the DM-100 you can see 4 things at once on each gauge if you want.

Also, I would skip the IAT sensor. The DM-100 has an OBD interface and you can grap that parameter out of the OBD data and convert that to a gauge unless you are needing to see IAT from someplace other than the MAF sensor.

Oh, on the fuel pressure, here is the deal. PLX will not officially say it is OK to run the oil pressure sensor as a fuel pressure sensor, but it will work. They are concerned that the life of the sensor may be reduced, but say there is absolutely no safety issue with doing so. It is a VDO sensor they use.

G

hiflyer

Reaction score
I think you have it.

However; I would go with just two displays.

With the DM-100 you can see 4 things at once on each gauge if you want.

Also, I would skip the IAT sensor. The DM-100 has an OBD interface and you can grap that parameter out of the OBD data and convert that to a gauge unless you are needing to see IAT from someplace other than the MAF sensor.

Oh, on the fuel pressure, here is the deal. PLX will not officially say it is OK to run the oil pressure sensor as a fuel pressure sensor, but it will work. They are concerned that the life of the sensor may be reduced, but say there is absolutely no safety issue with doing so. It is a VDO sensor they use.

G

Perfect !

And I need 3 gauges as I have one of the very rare triple gauge / single din kits out there :)

Top Bottom