Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

urd cai

BC-Runner

Reaction score
any one have any pics of the install? wondering what cutting is needed for the install.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I can't find a pic now but its really simple. The only cutting that is required is a half moon shape from the passenger side radiator support or whatever that things called. URD sends out a template for you to go by :top:

Edit: you can see vaguely in the pic URD has on there site the cutout thats required :top:

nighthawk2106

Reaction score
im buyin that in a couple of weeks with the calibrator i was wondering the same thing, i would also like to see. im ordering my urd S/S an a C2C knob Tom!!

archngl

Reaction score
Just got the URD CAI also

Hey guys, I just got my URD CAI today and will begin the install next week...Monday probably, if your installs are complete and successful would you mind sharing how you did it. I read the supplied phamplet and it seems easy enough, didn't get the literature on the wiring for my vehicle, expect that soon.....any problems?,,,any tips???? Appreciate any help......don't want to screw this up!

Spyder327

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just got my URD CAI today and will begin the install next week...Monday probably, if your installs are complete and successful would you mind sharing how you did it. I read the supplied phamplet and it seems easy enough, didn't get the literature on the wiring for my vehicle, expect that soon.....any problems?,,,any tips???? Appreciate any help......don't want to screw this up!

Cutting out the sheet metal to route the intake is pretty easy, and the tubing of the intake is very easy to put on. I would say be most careful when extending the MAF sensor wiring. Do one wire at a time at both ends so that you do not mix it up. The wiring URD supplies is all the same color so you'll want to double check all that.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
How much metal do you have to take out? Maybe C2C will come out with theirs sometime this year.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
It is just a little half moon cut out required.. nothing a dremel can't handle in a couple of minutes :top:

archngl

Reaction score
Spyder, Thanks for the tip....talked with Gadjet today re: my wiring information that is missing from the box. He told me the most important item in the CAI is also the wiring....don't mix them up!!....all else is pretty simple. The URD SS was a piece of cake, so I'm hoping the CAI and the MAF are as easy. Archngl

Gadget

Reaction score
Spyder, Thanks for the tip....talked with Gadjet today re: my wiring information that is missing from the box. He told me the most important item in the CAI is also the wiring....don't mix them up!!....all else is pretty simple. The URD SS was a piece of cake, so I'm hoping the CAI and the MAF are as easy. Archngl

I did not see your email for the connection guide.

Did one of the other guys already take care of it?

Gadget

archngl

Reaction score
Gadjet, I sent the email to the URD website / technical with my information...haven't heard from anyone yet....tried the SUPPORT@URDUSA.com and got page after page of sites...first one was on the install of the short shifter...couldn't find a site to contact you or URD with my problem......told you, I'm an old man with gaining experience on the computer.....

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
Gadget usually replies in the evening. He handles all his URD stuff at that time.

archngl

Reaction score
Installled URD Cold Air and Sensor / Question??

Gadjet, I talked with Brian this morning and he e-mailed me the connection guide for the wiriing.....took the day to install the unit, pretty easy with a lot of work soldering wires....tip: whoever is going to do there own install the wire bundles from the ECU are very tight. I pulled all the plugs, used a Sharpie pen to letter ABCDE on them and then cut the tape holding the bundles before separating the wires to be cut and soldered. Had more room and less back aches.....now the question??,, the tune-up disc needs to be loaded and hooked up to the trucks computer??? A laptop and what kind of cable to where lets me do this? I talked with a buddy of mine from Toyota service today and he told me his dealership has done a couple of TRD Intakes but no URD Intakes so he recommened me to a tune-up shop on the other end of town. He also told me the connection on the truck computer is not a USB connection??? I thought we could program our cold air with a laptop??? Help please!!! So, I finished the install, buttoned everything up and started old bessy up. NO install of the program!, didn't get any codes, ran a short distance with a lot more pep, the only problem was that the RPM's ran quite high (1500 ) at start and then at the Stop signs wouldn't come back down. Put her away for the night in hopes I can get some answers from you guys.....Disc in laptop to ?? Thanks for help in advance.............archngl

Spyder327

Reaction score
Yes the MAF calibrator connects to your laptop, if you only have USB ports you can go somewhere local and buy a converter from serial to USB. You need to install the R4 software on your laptop and then you'll be able to use it for tuning. In order to tune the truck though, you will either need a scantool and wideband or a dyno shop that can tune it.

Did you receive the MAF calibrator with a preloaded map for the intake?

archngl

Reaction score
I got the sensor with the cold air unit...came with the disc to install into a laptop??? which connects to the computer unit on the truck? via serial port on the laptop and then the program is sent into the computer automatically???...yes, the Calibrator was preloaded for the intake so sayith the URD folks.

Spyder327

Reaction score
I got the sensor with the cold air unit...came with the disc to install into a laptop??? which connects to the computer unit on the truck? via serial port on the laptop and then the program is sent into the computer automatically???...yes, the Calibrator was preloaded for the intake so sayith the URD folks.

Yes, it should have a "split second" disk that you need to install on your laptop. The MAF calibrator has a serial port that you will need to plug into, get a second cable that goes from serial to USB and then plug the USB port into your laptop. You will need to familiarize yourself with the software before even thinking of altering that map.

Do you plan to do the tuning yourself?

trd_sport

Reaction score
Take the cover off the calibrator box and you'll see the serial port.:top:

Gadget

Reaction score
the URD MAF Sensor Calibrator when purchased with the URD TCAI ships with the program preloaded in the unit.

The R4 tuning software is included for people that want to do their own custom tuning.

Gadget

rexrunner

Reaction score
can you guys email me the map for a TCAI? I bought them seperatly and have not tuned it yet:motz: work, wideband and women. 3 W's :laugh:

Top Bottom