Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD SS & COUPE WEIGHTED KNOBB installed

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
okay so my modding has barely started and i gotta say for all the folks out there with Zero mods and looking for one of the easiest/kinda cheap mods to do

URD SS 110 +shipping

coupe's weighted knob- 75 shipped

and i could not tell you enough why the hell i didnt do it before!

its like a whole new feeling when i shift urd does not lie when they said 44% shorter throws.

at first i was skeptic cause of all the reading i was doing on them but i had to try out for myself and i gotta say im 1000% (yes onethousand) satisfied who could've thought it would make such an amazing change now my truck shifts like butter and its shifting better than ever and of course shifting faster than ever. and it all took me about 30 min of my day.(just by following URD's instructions you cannot F this up)

Just to make it a hell of alot better coupe's weighted knobs are the $#^% i love shifting now and it just made me love and appreciate my truck so much more. :blurock:
all the guys that have this already know what im talking about
now just to look for the next best mod for me to do!

just some pics of the process(not all steps on here just some candid pics lol)

1-2_zpsca1d0d37.jpg

6-1_zps0d7b0518.jpg

now to prep for the day lol

5-1_zps1b948be7.jpg

take the middle consoles out

2-2_zps54c3bbde.jpg

test it

3-2_zpsee316cb7.jpg

ALL DONE :biggrin:

4-2_zps9a3826bf.jpg

Last edited:

Coupe

Reaction score
Looks good. This was one of my first mods.

nick_gz1

Reaction score
i gotta throw mine on still, its been sittin in my garage for a minute, not so sure why either. i been a lil skeptic too hearing all these problems with peoples shift and how they went back to stock. but cant knock it till you try it right

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
Looks good. This was one of my first mods.

yeah man thanks for the fast shipping came in at the perfect time the day after my SS came so happy with it i drove it with the stock one after installing the SS and i tried your knob after it makes a HUGE diff for me i love it, ill be hitting u up soon for a shifter :top:

i gotta throw mine on still, its been sittin in my garage for a minute, not so sure why either. i been a lil skeptic too hearing all these problems with peoples shift and how they went back to stock. but cant knock it till you try it right

idk i think its just the way you shift. it has nothing to do with the ss i think, because my shifts were ok before and now they all go in Perfectly and with much more precision (for reverse you kinda gotta slap it in! not so bad) overall its a great product and takes no time to install just put on a good jam:rockon:

Next thing you need is a shifter from coupe.

ya brotha already working on it :biggrin:

Workman3886

Reaction score
Looks good man, one of the best mods you can have for our trucks, the solid shifter will be like night and day!

Reverend_d

Reaction score

Seriously you need to get this done like tomorrow. Take 30 min and change the way your truck drives 100% . You will be glad you did it. Also for sure get a Coupe shifter. I MYSELF MADE my shifter like Coupe's shifter mod. But for those with a weak stomach just buy Coupes and let him be the one that mods the shifter. But again get the ss shifter coupes shifter and coupe knob and you will love to drive the truck soooooooooooooo much more. That is my two cents.

By the way x-smoked u congrats on the install. Welcome to the club.

Last edited:

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
Thanks guys I love it and yeah no lie I never thought I'd make this huge of a diff if you haven't done it you're gonna slap yourself for not doing it sooner

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
Congrats! :top:

Any SS kit should be everyone's first mod!

Love my weighted knob as well!

lvxr

Reaction score
sweet man! I've been loving my coupe modded shifter + weighted shift knob combo!!!

I didn't realize how heavenly it was until i drove a truck with a stock shifter :eek:

I opted to get a TWM Desert Eagle knob because Coupe didn't have the colorway I wanted, and my goodness, 600 grams of awesomeness. Haven't mis-shifted since the install.

BlackBearRadio

Reaction score
This mod is a must! The stock shifter is so sloppy, it feels like stirring a bowl of soup. I have the URD SS, a coupe modified stock shifter (8 1/2"), and the same weighted shift knob as you do and it's simply awesome. I think it's the best possible shifter solution for our trucks. Grats on the install bro!

X-MOKED U

Reaction score
Congrats! :top:

Any SS kit should be everyone's first mod!

Love my weighted knob as well!

dont know how i went on without it, now for some mods that will give me HP! :top:

sweet man! I've been loving my coupe modded shifter + weighted shift knob combo!!!

I didn't realize how heavenly it was until i drove a truck with a stock shifter :eek:

I opted to get a TWM Desert Eagle knob because Coupe didn't have the colorway I wanted, and my goodness, 600 grams of awesomeness. Haven't mis-shifted since the install.

i know man it a big diff commuting to work my daily 60 miles is now a hell of alot funner lol

This mod is a must! The stock shifter is so sloppy, it feels like stirring a bowl of soup. I have the URD SS, a coupe modified stock shifter (8 1/2"), and the same weighted shift knob as you do and it's simply awesome. I think it's the best possible shifter solution for our trucks. Grats on the install bro!

its a must forsure we need to push all the ones that dont have it to get it, b/c they are just missing out!

man i like that shift knob!

i love it too the white & red looks awesome, you should really swoop that blue one up before its gone

oneblackxr

Reaction score
i just did the same thing today. but i also did one of coupe's 9 1/2 levers also. sooooooo a urd s/s coupe 9.5 but i used the trd ball. not to happy with the rattle in the knob now. that is my only complaint!! as for the s/s absolutely love it. i was thinking i could fill the ball with epoxy to cut down on the rattle. sorry for the thread jack

BlackBearRadio

Reaction score
The solid shifter does transmit more transmission vibration into the truck, and mine does the exact same thing... But to me it's a minor sacrifice for the vastly improved shift throw and engagement.

Coupe

Reaction score
i just did the same thing today. but i also did one of coupe's 9 1/2 levers also. sooooooo a urd s/s coupe 9.5 but i used the trd ball. not to happy with the rattle in the knob now. that is my only complaint!! as for the s/s absolutely love it. i was thinking i could fill the ball with epoxy to cut down on the rattle. sorry for the thread jack

The TRD ball is not weighted and will rattle more.

If you put about 2 wraps of teflon tape on shifter threads, it will help quiet it down. This works on the weighted knobs too.

Top Bottom