Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD trac bar install

Ccaruolo

Reaction score
So after doing plenty of research prior to the install it seems a lot of people had complaints about running the trac bar with the DJM 3/4 drop because of the mount cracking the charcoal canister. I search pretty thoroughly but never found any pictures or answer of how people relocated it. So i installed my trac bar today and gonna show some pics of how we relocated the charcoal canister.

so first off we too the bed off, i know bad picture but this was before we touched the charcoal canister.
e4609bbf.jpg

so after brainstorming a little we came up with this
5287cebf.jpg

here is an alright picture from the bottom
6584f8b3.jpg

after moving the box we measured and then test fitted the bed, had to cut part of the rib out to fit the new positioning
fa9e2554.jpg

and the final product, plenty of clearance
6d72fd51.jpg

Murderface

Reaction score
It's used to gather the gasses from the gas tank which is then routed to the engine to be burned. No more is it vented to the atmosphere

MillsXR

Reaction score
mixplate_xr said:
quite easy. Just six torx bolts. T-55 I believe.

Do you have to somehow disconnect everything behind the fuel door? I think it's riveted in there

Ccaruolo

Reaction score
Do you have to somehow disconnect everything behind the fuel door? I think it's riveted in there

negative the filler tube slides through the whole in the fuel door, its really the only tricky part of removing the bed is watching the filler tube and making sure your bed doesn't bang into the back of your cab

Murderface

Reaction score
U can disconnect the filler tube down towards the tank where the hose clamp is

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Id like to have mine move.
What do you think he would charge me to relocate mine?
I don't know what I did with his buisness card.
I actually don't need mine relocated, just repaired lol.
I have angled/ offset blocks so it won't hit that mount anymore.

Ccaruolo

Reaction score
if anything hed charge you maybe 80 bucks or so but you'd have to ask him.

http://shavingseconds.tumblr.com/ is his website and has his numbers. If you tell him charcoal canister on xrunner he should know what you're talking about.

Top Bottom