Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

used engine

Fiddich

Reaction score
You think 1500 for a 1gr motor from a totalled truck and 800 to install it into mine with blown motor is a good price it is going to be 2420 to get the truck running again.

98_mud_bug

Reaction score
Not a bad price, I've got my motor for sale for $1000 so its not a bad starting point

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
How many miles on the engine? 800 for install is crazy low since dealerships charge $600 to install the SC. motor price isn't bad but will just have to be throughly checked over(freeze plugs ect) it would be nice if it could turn over still in the wrecked truck....

Basically to give you a quality answer we need more info my man! I know the feeling of wanting to get up and running but don't want ya to be disappointed either

98_mud_bug

Reaction score
Mines still in my truck, I'll sale it lol. $1000 for the motor, $1500 for everything, motor, trans, all the accessories, driveshaft, ecu, and engine harness.

Doublld

Reaction score
How many miles are on it? Where do you live

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Please keep this on topic of Fiddich's question. Please take the rest to PM. Thanks guys :top:

Fiddich

Reaction score
There is 60k on the motor for sell. I live in Sacramento. it also has the oil cooler. which mine didn't have. He is also throwing every thing to return my truck to Stock. So there will be for sale stuff real soon.

Fiddich

Reaction score
I found out today it was a black xrunner that was t boned. The truck had 60k miles on it. Getting it for 1500. also they have a guy that willing to install it for 800 so I', looking at 2500 for a used motor installed..
Do you guys think this is more than a gamble with these motors? I only got 80k out of the last one.

dramad1

Reaction score
Sounds like a good deal for motor and install.
When I swapped mine out it was 6k for motor plus install and one year warranty. But it was swapped by the dealer so. If you did the install yourself you could save a nice chunk of change.

If you want to keep the same power stick with the same motor. If you want more power, than a different motor may be desired. But then you would have to do all the things to make it work.

IMO swap the one from the black x in, then if you want more power, trade it in for more power, or garage it and get something with more power. Swap it and pass it down to the kid and get what you've been wanting! Lol.

Top Bottom