Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Vacuum/Boost gauge issue

Murderface

Reaction score
So I've been having this issue lately when I shut my truck off I notice my vacuum/boost gauge reads -2 instead of zeroing out. Now it's gotten outta hand and it reads -4 when the engine is off. I tried cleaning the MAP sensor out with no luck so I went on AEM's website and found the part# for the direct replacement(found it online for $58 shipped). Hope this fixes my issue cause its no fun knowing ur putting out 10-11 lbs of boost and only seeing the gauge hit 7:thumbdown:

Here's the gauge
4E141CFB-63D0-4D64-9F67-8F1F99885869-526-000000A9C2DE6191.jpg

Here's the MAP sensor
BC4215E6-2CD1-418E-A752-389DA4ED924D-526-000000A9C2177802.jpg

Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:

justin13703

Reaction score
I have a glowshift boost gauge and sometimes mine reads about -.5 when the truck is off. Never more than that though.

rennurx

Reaction score
I have a glow shift also and I'm not boosted yet so it just reads vacuum but I never have any problems with it reading low..

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
-4 is quite a bit. -.5 not really to worry about.

When I helped install that boost gauge on Britt's car, I noticed that the hose they sent was rather cheap IMO. So I used some of the good silicone hose that I have instead. Her reads just fine, but she hasn't had the gauge for near as long as you have though. We will see with time.

Toon714

Reaction score
My prosport digital boost gauge did that to me once.
It said I was hitting 14psi when i was really in vaccum. It tripped me out.
I turned thebtruck off back on and the same.
So I just disconnectted the power connection to the gauge and plugged it baxk in and it went away.
BasicLly like resetting the stupid gauge.
Hopefully that its the same for you.

butters607

Reaction score
In the instructions for the one I have it says it must have power while in the process of turning on even when starting the engine there can be no break in power while starting the engine what is your ign wire hooked to

Murderface

Reaction score
Butters it hasn't always done this so it's not that. I've already ordered a new MAP sensor so we don't need to diagnose mine, just wondered if anyone else had a similar issue

NODRULN

Reaction score
Those gauges suck had problems all the time I gave up on that junk and got prosport gauges. I am in love with them and look sick. I'll post the site

www.prosportgauges.com I got the premium series and love them

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score
Problem solved it was the map sensor just like I thought. Everyone's heard of Prosport, they're a step above Glowshift ROFL

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you get the regular Map sensor? I believe you did judging by the price. They also sell the stainless MAP sensors.

Those are a more expexpensive but less problematic sensor that they offer.

Defi FTW. ;)

Murderface

Reaction score
Well me being outta work since June 30th I had to get the same one, I did however land a job at Penske at a higher position then what I had at Caterpillar with my advancement souly relying on whether or not I pass computer courses and how fast I complete them, at Cat I had to ask for an advancement in position. Hopefully ill be starting by January 14th and ill have the money to put towards some of those issues I've had to put on hold with my truck. Still need to drop my Trans and add a TSK45 before I start work

NODRULN

Reaction score
Problem solved it was the map sensor just like I thought. Everyone's heard of Prosport, they're a step above Glowshift ROFL

Wait so your telling me glowshift is junk!!!!?? Shit eBay said they were the best on the market. Sorry for giving you crappy advice I won't do it again lol

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted out, never had any issues with my Defi's over the years.

Murderface

Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted out, never had any issues with my Defi's over the years.

Ya me too, it's nice to see the gauge hit 10psi again. Since I have a black cat customs white face gauge cluster with green LEDs the AEM gauges were the closest match.

Top Bottom