Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wanna get sat radio on my avhp42000

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
hey guys I know this is a bonehead question but what module do I need to get to add on sat radio to my pioneer avhp42000?

i am looking around and thinking the sirius unit but it looks like it requires two modules to get it set up:hmmmm2:

any help is apprechiated, my buddy that works at best buy is gonna set me up with his discount once I know what I need

gunner76137

Reaction score
I just use my I phone and Pandora. Its great it overrides the I pod.Your steering wheel controls work also. And no extra chrge for sat.

Last edited:

Limitless

Reaction score
If its anything like the pioneer system i have, yes you will get a box that you will have to store somewhere and plug that into your head unit. I just installed that sat radio box in my center armrest console (along with my pioneer 6 disk player) and ran the connection cable up behind all the radio stuff and plugged it in there. then you have to run the antenna up to the roof as well, just ran mine up to the drivers side door and followed the window seal to the roof. here is the box im talking about:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/Satellite-and-HD-Radio/GEX-P920XM

Only annoying thing is having to reset all your presets if you unplug the battery but thats not really any different then any other car radio.

Top Bottom