Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Waxing Stock Wheels

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the first one to wax my wheels ... just wondering if anyone else does it ?? I did it today for the first time when I was detailing my truck .... all i have to say is wow ! I mean the difference is slight but noticeable I use meguiars nxt generation tech wax ...

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
Ive never done it b4 lol i thought bout it but decided against it . Today i aid the hell with it an did it lol

dermaestro

Reaction score
Worked really well on my last truck, but it had chrome wheels. Doesn't work quite as well on the alloys, though.

This last time around I tried the Dupont Teflon wax on them. Will have a better idea how it does when I wash this weekend.

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
Well this is what it'll look like with Meguiars NXT
2945643_2_full.jpg

XrunnIT

Reaction score
dang, that is an attractive truck. BHLM will clean up the front end a lot. :top:

HiTek21

Reaction score
You should try a synthetic wax or a sealant without carnuba. If your wheels heat up too much the carnuba will melt. I hear Jetseal 109 is a great sealant for paint as well as wheels.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
What good to use on the polished lips of aftermarket wheels???? I just wanna make sure mine stay looking nice and shiny and scratch free. :biggrin:

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
What good to use on the polished lips of aftermarket wheels???? I just wanna make sure mine stay looking nice and shiny and scratch free. :biggrin:

excalibur :top: :top: My favorite

or mothers billet

Justin

BlackXrunner05

Reaction score
Cause i like the way it looks now and if i do it in the future it going to be with BSP paint and a clear coat...... the black krylon makes it look like black plastic with no shine

HiTek21

Reaction score

I've had good results from Blue Magic Cream Polish, I use it with good results on my exhaust tip. I'm curious to try Adams 2 Step metal polish its a bit pricey though. Blue magic is only 5 dollars for a small tub.

Adam's polish
http://www.adamspolishes.com/c-21-metal-polishes.aspx

Blue Magic Polish
http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Magic-Metal-Polish-Cream/dp/B000BO8Z9I

Top Bottom