Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Weird dirt marks

GrundleBear

Reaction score
ok so im washin my car and start to dry it when i noticed some grime/scuff mark that didnt come out right above the left rear wheel. at first i thot someone may have hit my car with a door, but it goes in like a circle following the wheel so to speak. its not scratched, but i cant get it out. sorry for the lack of being able to explain it, but this is frustrating. any advice?? ill take a photo if i still cant get it out

BSPX

Reaction score
yeah I've had that happen to my truck. Almost looked like someone took shrub branches and brushed then down my truck.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
See if you can buff it out with a clean MF cloth and some scratch remover compound (like Meguiars Scratch X).

I have taken out some serious scratches with this stuff and a little bit of elbow grease. You can pick it up at most autoparts stores and walmarts.

ScratchX_310x310.jpg

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you use tire gel??? I've had that problem before with the tire gel being flung off along the rear fender....but it came right off :dontknow: good luck with it

DJmckay

Reaction score
pics if you could ?

yeah i would like to see some pics if you could so i know just what you are talking about so i dont have the same problem

GrundleBear

Reaction score
its all this retarded northeast weather lately most likely...the salt, sleet, slush, rain, dirt combine into a permanent turd stain on my X making my life a living hell :thumpdown:

xrunner5-0

Reaction score
its all this retarded northeast weather lately most likely...the salt, sleet, slush, rain, dirt combine into a permanent turd stain on my X making my life a living hell :thumpdown:

Sorry man, but thats funny!

eXuser01

Reaction score

i hear yaa it sucks up here i got some **** on my truck to so ill try that meguaris ****... i cant keep my truck clean for about aday then im out side cleaning the dirt again and again hahah

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Make sure when you try to remove marks in the paint that the truck is hand washed CLEAN; if it isn't you will be creating more marks...

rich017

Reaction score
If its tar, just wash that area really good. Then clay bar it and apply some polish and wax. Thats what I did:biggrin:

TacoInvader

Reaction score
Yep, good advice DS! I need to pick that maguiars up. I've had some scratches on my truck since I've gotten it and I hadn't gotten around to finding it.

GrundleBear

Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys, on my way home from work i bought the Meguiars deep paint cleaner, and the ScratchX ...gonna see if it works tommorow

Top Bottom