Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What could it be... Sujestions PLEASEEE!!!

XRnerr

Reaction score
Hi there guys I have a SWB 2006 XR and I'm having a little problem with it. When I bought it I took it to the dyno and I got 196 hp after that I decided I should put in some headers at the time only the JBA ones existed so I bought the headers and an APEXi Neo to set it up. I took it to the dyno and I got 225 HP 236 TQ i was so happy :driver:

After that I bought the TRD Short Shifter and the URD TCAI I installed a custom Y pipe wich goes from the JBA down 2 1/4" to 2.5" and the stock pipe and dissapointment I got 213 hp with 250 tq. :dontknow:

I think is the Pipe since im thingking of making the truck turbo soon I bought a 3" Magnaflow pipe and installed it but I haven't go to the Dyno yet

What do you guys think, anything I could or should buy I dont know Im looking for sujestions Thanxx ahead of anything.. lol :top:

Attachments

• DYNO 2.jpg
    DYNO 2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 100

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I wouldn't be worried about it. You got a nice increase in torque out of it. It more than likely just moved your powerband into higher rpms. Do you notice any differance in the ol butt dyno

XRnerr

Reaction score
I feel the truck faster but I dont know I lost a lot of HP man Im kind of worried

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
I feel the truck faster but I dont know I lost a lot of HP man Im kind of worried

13 hp could be lost with weather differances. and the torque is what puts you back in your seat. Did you change wheels or tires or anything else. I think that can also change your numbers since your measuring Wheel HP

Yardie

"The Jamaican"
Reaction score
I would'nt worry about the horsepower numbers bro, look at the torque :rock:.

XRnerr

Reaction score
13 hp could be lost with weather differances. and the torque is what puts you back in your seat. Did you change wheels or tires or anything else. I think that can also change your numbers since your measuring Wheel HP

No man new wheels nothing else everything else is stock

Gadget

Reaction score
It is way to lean. Tune it correctly and you will have more fun driving it.

Gadget

XRnerr

Reaction score
It is way to lean. Tune it correctly and you will have more fun driving it.

Gadget

If I tune it wetter it looses HP but I'll try it out thanx man.. KEEP UP THE SUJESTIONS LOL..

rexrunner

Reaction score
def retune, shoot for like 12.8afr across the board.

how far is the filter slide on your urd intake? that can easily throw off readings.

torque is more important imo:top:

XRnerr

Reaction score
def retune, shoot for like 12.8afr across the board.

how far is the filter slide on your urd intake? that can easily throw off readings.

torque is more important imo:top:

I have one of the JDM ones the ones that look like =D kind of which is made of sponge.. It could be that to thanx man...

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
I have one of the JDM ones the ones that look like =D kind of which is made of sponge.. It could be that to thanx man...

That intake was designed to run with one filter and one filter only, the one that came with it. Until recently, URD now carries one other filter that will work properly with it. Definitely swap filters, and retune that thing.

Was the Apexi unit working well with tuning properly?

XRnerr

Reaction score
That intake was designed to run with one filter and one filter only, the one that came with it. Until recently, URD now carries one other filter that will work properly with it. Definitely swap filters, and retune that thing.

Was the Apexi unit working well with tuning properly?

The Apexi is working great it tunes to perfection Im going to be trying to put the afr to 12 see what happens.

PS. Could you point out the filter for me please or at least give me the number so that I can order it I threw away the old one it was super dirty...:biggrin:

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
those filters are cleanible, just beat them out, hose it out from the inside and let it dry.

Ill see if i can dig up the part number.

XRnerr

Reaction score
Thanx for the filter info, I dont think I'll be buying it from URD because with shipping and everything it cost around $85.00 its too much to pay for a filter any other sujestions...

rich017

Reaction score
Thanx for the filter info, I dont think I'll be buying it from URD because with shipping and everything it cost around $85.00 its too much to pay for a filter any other sujestions...

get a new intake then. That filter is the only one that should be used on the URD.

Top Bottom