Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

what do you guys use

DOGO X

Reaction score
I do it myself, won't mind getting one of those. :top:

bignfast

Reaction score
I use a place called Car Cleaners in Mesa, AZ.
http://www.carcleanersdetailing.com/

They use acrilic wax that lasts three years, and a warrenty done by the company that applies it. To do the XR inside and out it cost $700 or so but now I just take to the regular car wash guy and don't even have to worry about wax for three years. Everything they do is buy hand. It's crazy but I stand buy it. Check out the pics of my 98 GTI. I bought it for $3500. After $500 spent at Car Cleaners, I totalled her three months later but got $4900 from insurance. The insurance guy couldn't believe the shape of the paint or the interior. Check it out. Wait till I get the truck washed on Wednesday, I'll post.:rock:

Last edited:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
i use turtle wax :motz: been using turtle wax in my family for many years and it still shines on my dads 80's toyota supra/celica

Xacto

Reaction score
i use meguiar's ish and some armor all wet wax and tire shine

My68ur8trd

Reaction score
ZAINO!!!!! once every six month and hit with the spray stuff every now and then. I have never has a wax/polish shine like Zaino and its super easy to put on. The more layers you do, the deeper the shine gets. no swirls either.

As soon as the X is ready for wax, it gets the Dawn bath and Zaino will go on.

:rock:

05Xrunner

Reaction score
I use Mothers reflections and have done by hand..by I have been lookin to get a porter cable probably this summer

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
I've been using Captainsrichardsbest these past couple of months and really like the outcome of it. It's very similar to that of Mothers instant detailer spray and Meguirs detailer sprays. The only difference is that you don't need to wax or polish before hand. It use to take me several hours or more. now I do less work and I cut my time in half. The shine last long if not longer than than the regular wax and polishes. Cool stuff. :top: For more info on the product go to WWW.captainrichardsbest.com

05Xrunner

Reaction score
I've been using Captainsrichardsbest these past couple of months and really like the outcome of it. It's very similar to that of Mothers instant detailer spray and Meguirs detailer sprays. The only difference is that you don't need to wax or polish before hand. It use to take me several hours or more. now I do less work and I cut my time in half. The shine last long if not longer than than the regular wax and polishes. Cool stuff. :top: For more info on the product go to WWW.captainrichardsbest.com
They claim no more swirl marks or scratches..yet they say you dont have to wash your bike/car..Just spray and wipe..I can just picture all the dirt scratching the paint as you wipe it off.

wshsbears

Reaction score
i've researched this stuff for a long time as well as detail cars as a business. Nanowax by Eagle One is the best stuff i've used for the first time wax on any vehicle. The nano technology reacts with the electrons in the paint and removes small scratches and swirls while leaving a nice layer of wax that will last for months. Personally, i've never used a machine buffer. It takes me 2 hours to detail my truck inside and out 100% for all of the people who say it takes 4+ hours, u must be using some kind of wax that is hard on ur paint and harder to get off. I also use Meguiars NXT wax as well as the interior detail spray. for tires i can't get away from the Eagle One tire shine. I just spray it on one of those foam tire applicators, go around the tire once, then follow over that with one more swipe and it never sprays up on my paint. I use meguiars clay bar kit too which only takes about 10-15 minutes. I use meguiars car wash soap for washing and either a microfiber brush or rag on the paint. i got a regular wheel brush with the long handle from discount auto parts and i use that to clean my wheels (inside and out) it reaches all the way in the inside b/c of the room from us having such small brakes. ur wheels will look brand new like they came off the showroom floor.

as far as buying a buffer.. sounds like a waste of money to me, but its not my money ur spending. if you wax properly and do it often, it should be very easy to buff ur vehicle with a nice clean microfiber cloth.

Michael

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
They claim no more swirl marks or scratches..yet they say you dont have to wash your bike/car..Just spray and wipe..I can just picture all the dirt scratching the paint as you wipe it off.
When I read that also I was thinking about that also. All I've done so far is rinsed my truck off usually the bottom where most of the dirt clings on to the body, otherwise I use the applicator, dampen it and spray captainrichardsbest on it. I periodically rinse off the applicator once I notice it's getting dirty and keep going, repeat when necessary. I really like it. A coworker told my about the stuff when he saw my truck dirty after it rained. I usually have it detailed out. He uses the same stuff on his new Harley. He told me try it out since I like to have my truck always looking nice. I even use it on my windows. Check it out. If you don't like the stuff I'll buy the stuff from you.:top:

05Xrunner

Reaction score
I am sure the stuff works nice....I just couldnt ever bring myself to use it without giving my truck a real wash first.

Jonathan

Reaction score
people that think a porter cable are just for the lazy are missing out. for me, it was amazing how much better my truck came out using it. i even use it to claybar !

DOGO X

Reaction score
I wouldn't use anything that say spray and wipe off. I wash it first and then polish and wash after. Nanopolish :biggrin:

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
I am sure the stuff works nice....I just couldnt ever bring myself to use it without giving my truck a real wash first.
There's nothing that says you can't wash your car. You still can it just says you don't need to, which I find it true within reason. My truck is parked in the garage at night and most of the time I use the california duster unlike my wifes camry it sits outside and I would have to wash it before I would apply anything on it just because the dirt sticks onto the paint.Just like anything one does you must use your own judgement.

Last edited:

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
I wouldn't use anything that say spray and wipe off. I wash it first and then polish and wash after. Nanopolish :biggrin:
I'm the same way if my truck is filthy. I keep my truck in the garage and dust it off every day. The stuff that I use is very similar to mothers instant detailer in that you have to use a polishing cloth to make it shine.
I just mentioned this product because like all the products on this site I find it pretty good for my use and if anyone is curious and wants to try something different they have some more options to check out.

Top Bottom