Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

what is this?

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Your kidding right..... Like is this the first time you have searched trd tacoma.....

trd_sport

Reaction score
from the article
Augmenting the heart of the TRD X-Runner is a mid-sized Eaton M90 positive displacement supercharger, stuffed between the banks of the stock displacement V6. Internally, 9.2:1 compression custom CP pistons, Carrillo rods and minor machining to the stock crank are all that separate the 400bhp bottom from the stock 10.5:1 Tundra/Tacoma unit. Even the heads and gaskets are kept stock (with the exception of some minor port matching). TRD also custom-ground 214.5- and 212.5-degree duration intake and exhaust cams featuring more lift on the intake side and less on the exhaust. To accommodate this, the lower manifold beneath the supercharger was replaced with a unit that directly bolts to the blower and also features trumpets tuned for boosted flow.
Also thrown in is an 80mm throttle body from a big Toyota V8, a pair of tubular three-into-one headers (that still include high-flow close-coupled cats), a big beefy exhaust, and a top-fed panel intake filter breathing through the stock X-Runner hood scoop. Fuel and engine management are controlled through multiple custom Toyota ECUs, piggybacked to run the six 410cc/min injectors in the stock manifold bosses, two additional injectors (prior to the compressor), e-throttle, plus enough data acquisition, communications and signal processing channels to run a Mars Rover.

The big headache with any Roots-type blower is cooling. Mechanically compressing 400bhp-worth of air generates a lot of heat. Air-to-air intercooling is not practical, so TRD has deployed a massive liquid-to-air intercooler system with added pumps, lines, reservoirs, and a massive heat exchanger stuffed into the grille to help the system cope-which it does even under summer conditions at the track.

Read more: http://www.modified.com/features/0612_sccp_trd_toyota_tacoma_x_runner/viewall.html#ixzz2TmaEMXn1Read more: http://www.modified.com/features/0612_sccp_trd_toyota_tacoma_x_runner/viewall.html#ixzz2TmZYE6ZA

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
Yeah doesnt surprise me.... this is them being what they r supposed to be....aftermarket tuners... This would never fly with dot approval.... Very nice work.. look at the blower..thats how ours is supposed to be like not with that long runner... i like it alot! Man if you all could get your trucks like that as far as cosmetic i bet you all would go nuts...lol

KETCHUP

Reaction score
from the article
Augmenting the heart of the TRD X-Runner is a mid-sized Eaton M90 positive displacement supercharger, stuffed between the banks of the stock displacement V6. Internally, 9.2:1 compression custom CP pistons, Carrillo rods and minor machining to the stock crank are all that separate the 400bhp bottom from the stock 10.5:1 Tundra/Tacoma unit. Even the heads and gaskets are kept stock (with the exception of some minor port matching). TRD also custom-ground 214.5- and 212.5-degree duration intake and exhaust cams featuring more lift on the intake side and less on the exhaust. To accommodate this, the lower manifold beneath the supercharger was replaced with a unit that directly bolts to the blower and also features trumpets tuned for boosted flow.
Also thrown in is an 80mm throttle body from a big Toyota V8, a pair of tubular three-into-one headers (that still include high-flow close-coupled cats), a big beefy exhaust, and a top-fed panel intake filter breathing through the stock X-Runner hood scoop. Fuel and engine management are controlled through multiple custom Toyota ECUs, piggybacked to run the six 410cc/min injectors in the stock manifold bosses, two additional injectors (prior to the compressor), e-throttle, plus enough data acquisition, communications and signal processing channels to run a Mars Rover.

The big headache with any Roots-type blower is cooling. Mechanically compressing 400bhp-worth of air generates a lot of heat. Air-to-air intercooling is not practical, so TRD has deployed a massive liquid-to-air intercooler system with added pumps, lines, reservoirs, and a massive heat exchanger stuffed into the grille to help the system cope-which it does even under summer conditions at the track.

Read more: http://www.modified.com/features/0612_sccp_trd_toyota_tacoma_x_runner/viewall.html#ixzz2TmaEMXn1Read more: http://www.modified.com/features/0612_sccp_trd_toyota_tacoma_x_runner/viewall.html#ixzz2TmZYE6ZA

interesting. seen pics of this truck before...but never heard the details..

easts1d3

Reaction score
I'd love to know what that did with that truck

butters607

Reaction score
Agh sorry bro, being all mk3'd figured ya would have seen this beast before, tons of threads on here, it was build for SEMA...

I was most curious about the way they positioned the throttle body and stuff really wierd like

zacksblacktaco

Reaction score
I would much rather have this lol

Attachments

• sema07_tundradiesel_450a.jpg
    sema07_tundradiesel_450a.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 68

roy365

Reaction score
Owning my truck less than a year now, and being a member less than that I enjoy old finds like this unfortunately. That's a nice truck I must say on Yota's behalf. I sooooo wish we could have that braking system on our trucks. I hate the weak brakes on these things.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
BBK wrapped in HRE's. :drool:

CF velocity stacks for each intake port. I ran my last compression the same as theirs. ;)

Dual oil coolers if anyone noticed. Air-air and Air-water. Underbody aero as well.

Top Bottom