Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What's the best single din dash kit?

Reaction score
As much as I would like to drop a ton of money on a double din DVD head-unit, I have an ipod capable Alpine deck from my last truck which I really like. I need some help picking the best dash kit to use for the deck I have now. I'm looking for a dash kit that has the best fit and finish, least parts to assemble, a decent price, and where to pick one up. All feedback is much appreciated and pictures are even better.

rich017

Reaction score
Scosche is the best one.

I bought a Metra and there is a reason why I now have the Scosche kit

Reaction score
Scosche is the first name that comes to mind for me. However, I called my local install shop to see what brand they carry and they blasted the Scosche kits saying they have too many parts and leave gaps. The guy said they carry metro, but I assume he means Metra for $59.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Scosche is the first name that comes to mind for me. However, I called my local install shop to see what brand they carry and they blasted the Scosche kits saying they have too many parts and leave gaps. The guy said they carry metro, but I assume he means Metra for $59.
That sounds like they are just trying to sell you more expensive shit...That kit is not very good versus the scosche! Get the scosche! :top:

Coupe

Reaction score
When I bought a unit from Crutchfield, they sent an adapter that worked fine. I painted it with a Krylon flat black, that matches the dash nicely.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
I had the Metra dash kit first........let's just say I have a Scosche now. :top:

My68ur8trd

Reaction score

the metro kit is crap from what I have seen

here is my scosche kit before I painted it

fit and finish is great

they were just trying to sell you what they sell.

Also, FYI, I dont know a local install shop that I would leave my vehicle with

Justin

Reaction score
No plans to leave it at a shop. I can install car stereo stuff all just long, I just wanted to see which one I should pick up considering the only name brand I knew was Scosche.

Chasbo

Reaction score
I just installed a scosche one yesterday. I picked mine up from Best buy too so no waiting for it to ship :top:

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Had the metra, first time 'breaking in' the truck, the wife put a heel mark right accross it!!!! Now getting a scosche:top:

PHI2LLS

THE BAT TRUCK
Reaction score
NEEDED

does anyone have the factory radio brackets? I need to buy them for a double din install! Metra makes the best kit it matches the dash perfect

rich017

Reaction score
does anyone have the factory radio brackets? I need to buy them for a double din install! Metra makes the best kit it matches the dash perfect

I highly suggest you get the scosche instead. The Metra is complete junk. Read through this thread and do some research. I have also had both.

The Metra also does not hold the Double Din as well as the scosche. You do not need the factory brackets and you cannot use them on a double din anyways. You have to use what the kit comes with.

Coupe

Reaction score
Scosche is the way to go. Check ebay. You might find it cheaper.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
I highly suggest you get the scosche instead.
The Metra also does not hold the Double Din as well as the scosche. You do not need the factory brackets and you cannot use them on a double din anyways. You have to use what the kit comes with.

agreed the scosche is te better route however your second statement is false, I currently have factory brackets holding my avhp4200...

Top Bottom