Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Which amp wiring kit to buy

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
Now after reading some things online about cheap wiring kits I'm not sure which to buy. I will be buying the avh-2500bt next weekend and I got a great deal on a tacoma access cab box with a Jl w1v2 10" in it. That will only be temporary till I get bored of it. I also was able to snag a very good deal on an amp. It's a Jl g2250 that will also only be temporary till I decide I need more. I would like to be pushing around 1200 watts when I'm done. So my question is what is a good quality kit that's not going to empty my wallet? That will also be able to handle more power later on. And do I need a cap with right now with only this small sub and amp?

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
That's what I was going to do but I put one of those in my Chevy silver ado and the wire it's self was not 4ga . And I think I need bigger than 4 ga with what I want to do later down the road plus I'm also looking to have good quality sound. I have put in systems before but I half assed them and don't wanna do that with the xr.

dramad1

Reaction score
Check out knuconcepts ,com. They have some sweet deals and legit wire.

justin13703

Reaction score
Buy a 4 gauge kit on eBay there about $20.

Please, DON'T do this. eBay kits are junk, not flexible so they're a pain to install, and if you buy a "4 gauge" eBay kit, the actual wire inside the insulation might be between 8 and 10 gauge. When I was an installer, we wouldnt even do installs on cars if the customer brought in ebay wiring. Way too many problems with that stuff. Junk.

Check out knuconcepts ,com. They have some sweet deals and legit wire.

I would either look here, or kicker. I'm not a fan of most of kicker's stuff, but their wiring kits are some of the best you can find. You get the actual gauge of wire you payed for, nice heavy duty fuse holders, and the wiring is so flexible you can tie the 4 gauge stuff in a knot. All the wiring in my truck is kicker.

Last edited:

justin13703

Reaction score
4 gauge will do fine. And no you won't need a capacitor.

justin13703

Reaction score
You don't really need a cap unless you have some massive 10k watt system going on lol. Even then there are better ways to address power issues.

The power kit you buy should come with a fuse, but to find out the exact size add up the amperage of all the fuses on the amps you have. For example if your one amp has 2 20amp fuses, you need at least a 40 amp main fuse. 2 amps with 2 20amp fuses each would need a 80amp main fuse etc.

05xrunnerx

Reaction score
Sweet thanks. I fried a friend of mines amp because I didn't put a fuse for his power wire. We used 4 gauge electrical wire.

rexrunner

Reaction score
Ur lucky you only burned the amp. Caps are a waste invest in the "big 3" upgrade.

Top Bottom