Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Which spark plug are you running? 22's or 24's

Which spark plug are you running boosted?

• Total voters

Super Werty

Reaction score
I am curious to see who is running what. More specifically, I'm trying to see how many boosted trucks are running the 24's. I bought s set of them but I am not sure I want to go for it.

Currently running IKH22 in my truck

blastap

Reaction score
I got them because of the heat in Texas, Just to make sure i was proactive instead of a blown up heap

Super Werty

Reaction score
I got them because of the heat in Texas, Just to make sure i was proactive instead of a blown up heap

yea that is why I bought them, the az heat here is ridiculous. I think I'll go ahead an install them

Gadget

Reaction score
20 is the stock heat range. 22 is one step cooler. 24 is two steps cooler.

Typically two steps cooler for a forced induction conversion is the way to go.

The IKH24 is a fairly new plug. I think it came ut about a year ago and URD was one of the first Denso dealers to get them.

URD ships the IK24 plug in our supercharger kits.

G

SpaceMonkey

Reaction score
Good to know. I'll be ordering a set soon. It gets hot here in Houston. Can I get to driver side without pulling the top of the trd blower off?

Murderface

Reaction score
Good to know. I'll be ordering a set soon. It gets hot here in Houston. Can I get to driver side without pulling the top of the trd blower off?

Not that I could figure out:thumpdown: wish someone could enlighten us on how cause my blower has been off 4 times since installing it in late September of 09

Gadget

Reaction score
You should be able to change plugs without removing the supercharger

G

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
It can be done with the blower on but why fight with it? The blower pops off in 5 mins.

The boundary for the IKH22s seems to be around 450 HP in average weather conditions, that is when ive seen the ground strap start to hint for a colder plug.

Pull the plug if you aren't sure, if the plug went critical (preignition) you would know it REAL fast...

Its not rocket science, its a spark plug.

There is no reason for the average power users to worry about it.

Murderface

Reaction score
DS I want to see a video of u popping the blower off in 5 min cause I don't believe it can be done.

By no means am I a fast worker, just getting in there and releasing the tensioner enough to get the belt off the blower takes me 5 min:laugh:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
DS I want to see a video of u popping the blower off in 5 min cause I don't believe it can be done.

By no means am I a fast worker, just getting in there and releasing the tensioner enough to get the belt off the blower takes me 5 min:laugh:

I can get that belt off pretty easy with a friend.

Then i run in with the electric impact gun and buzz off the bracket bolts.

Then I buzz off the entire intercooler cover and put it to the side (so i don't have to refill coolant), and buzz off the interior bolts holding it to the manifold.

(ok maybe 10 minutes)

I made the mistake once (not thinking) of just cutting the belt, man did I forget how much had to be taken apart to put the belt back on; I wont forget again. :laugh:

I can do a set of plugs faster on a supercharged truck then a N/A one.

Slay0r

Reaction score
well u dont have to remove the s/c on the MK1 just the intercooler off the bracket,...and some piping but that doesnt take much

im runing the 24's

butters607

Reaction score
I'll add to mine you only have to flip up the air filter box on mine or where the intercooler would be on a mk1 setup its one clamp and one bolt then you can access them all as for the.drivers side I only have to.remove my catch can hose

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sigh. Doesn't have the option to select IKH27.....

babyboi2284

BaggedXR2284
Reaction score
Slay0r said:
well u dont have to remove the s/c on the MK1 just the intercooler off the bracket,...and some piping but that doesnt take much

im runing the 24's

And some bungee cords

Slay0r

Reaction score
lol yes bungie cords assist with holding the intercooler up once disconnected from the bracket

Jap

Reaction score
VKH20 come out stock here, I was running IKH24's but one of them shit itself...so the only ones I could get were the IKH22's...lucky its winter time, cooler plugs are a MUST out here in summer

Top Bottom