Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Whistling Exhaust!

Zibilich

Reaction score
Does everyones exhaust whistle with a supercharger? Mines loud as piss!

Amo-cat3

Reaction score
It goes "Woowoo" - just decoration man, just decoration. All ghetto baby....Yeehaw!! Next thing you know there putting playing cards and clothes pins on their wheels. LMFAO

Zibilich

Reaction score
Hahahahahaha.. Nono, its only under hard acceleration. When the boost kicks up. Ive heard a few 240sx's that were turbo'd that sounded the same..

Think it could be an exhaust leak? I know its definitely coming out the back of the exhaust...

nick_gz1

Reaction score
I don't even kno whys people's are complainin day should be up cookin breakfast or sumtin

Zibilich

Reaction score
So i guess im the only one. Ima video it for everyone to see!

JFrame

Reaction score
So i guess im the only one. Ima video it for everyone to see!

That would probably help. If it's as loud as you say it is though it may not turn out well on video unless you have a really good device. Camera phone will probably just sound like noise.

Zibilich

Reaction score
Will do, and its not ear piercing or anything. Just very noticeable with the windows down. Im going to dig through the tip to make sure there isnt any suspicious whistlers or anything.

Just got a pretty good video on my lunch break. Waiting for it to upload for the vid!

Last edited:

triumphx

Reaction score
My turbo jetta has a slight wistle to it a idle, but not my n/a xr....hhmm gotta fix that one day

justin13703

Reaction score
I still remember first watching that video when it first came out. I was in my accounting class in high school lol. That vid was a legend

xrgilly

Reaction score
My urd cat-back whistles from time to time. But No boost

Zibilich

Reaction score
From a 2nd gear low RPM pull.. It doesnt really whistle till higher RPM.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxFxPfU1AKQ&feature=channel&list=UL[/ame]

1st gear half way RPM punch... Really loud lol..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwECfWvYv8A[/ame]

justin13703

Reaction score
Hmm that's weird, I can hear it, you sure it's coming from the exhaust?

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
First time I saw this thread I thought the OP was smoking way too much dope or didn't know what the S/C whine sounded like.... but after watching your youtube videos, I don't know what to say. You definitely do have a whistle like noise going on. My truck/exhaust has never made anything like that.... just low throaty growls that set of car alarms.

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
gadget....i loled hard....

OP....yah...that's not a normal sound for the blower....maybe a belt is slipping.... :dontknow:

boost10

Reaction score
Had to be us norcal bau area folk n yea they ran a stop sign gas brake dippin lol

Zibilich

Reaction score
First time I saw this thread I thought the OP was smoking way too much dope or didn't know what the S/C whine sounded like.... but after watching your youtube videos, I don't know what to say. You definitely do have a whistle like noise going on. My truck/exhaust has never made anything like that.... just low throaty growls that set of car alarms.

Haha nope, ive been around chargers/turbos my whole life. But this exhaust is driving me nuts! Think it could maybe be a exhaust leak or something?

And yes im allmost 100% possitive its coming from the exhaust!

Top Bottom